Heard about companion planting but don’t know what it is or where to start? This session will explain how to use companion plants to improve the health and productivity of your garden; with a focus on using companion plants as decoys, camouflage, pest repellents and disease suppressants.
Learn what you should pair and grow together in your garden as well as tips on what you shouldn't pair. The Master class will also discuss how companion plants can provide a new food source.
- If you are unable to attend the live online class, a recording will be available to watch for five days following the session. Please purchase a ticket prior to the class date to access the recording.
Presenter: Teresa Day
Teresa is the Learning and Training Manager at Sustainable Gardening Australia with extensive experience across sustainable design, community development and environmental education. Teresa is an avid home gardener, chicken keeper and forager that is keen to show how sustainable choices, and lifestyle changes can be implemented by everyone.
Friends of SGA receive a 15% discount on all Master Classes. You can become a Friend of SGA here.
What you will learn
- How to use companion planting in your own garden
What you will get
- Information and practical guidance
What to bring
- No materials required
What to wear
No Dress Code
Gardeners of all ages and experience levels, individual's interested in the links between food choices, nutrition and health outcomes
Sustainable Gardening Australia (SGA) is a not-for-profit non-government organiation dedicated to achieving a healthy biodiverse planet.
Its driving purpose is to:
- Encourage, educate and enable home and professional gardeners to adopt sustainable gardening practices to protect or enhance the natural environment;
- Provide information, education and undertake research about the natural environment;
- Reconnect people to the natural world through gardening; and
- Ensure an understanding of the impacts that gardening decisions about chemical and resource use have on the natural environment well beyond their neighbourhood.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
Terms & Conditions
SGA’s Booking Conditions
- Bookings are considered final once payment is made and no refunds will be given for non-attendance.
- If there are insufficient numbers for an event it may be cancelled or postponed by SGA. If this is the case, you will be notified and given the option of either a full refund or a transfer to a different SGA event of equivalent value.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled starting time for registration and seating