Manage and Harvest your Weeds
With all the rain, your garden will be growing really well, maybe even doubled in size. That jungle may be made up of your vegetables and your plants, but you'll have experienced a surge in weed growth as well.
This masterclass will talk about garden weeds, the different types and the approaches you can use to remove them efficiently and effectively whilst minimising the impact on your local environment. Not only do weeds have propagation and growing superpowers, but they are jam packed with nutrients. Learn how you can unlock these nutrients and use them to feed your garden or safely consume them yourself.
- If you are unable to attend the live online class, a recording will be available to watch for five days following the session. Please purchase a ticket prior to the class date to access the recording.
Presenter: Teresa Day
Teresa is the Learning and Training Manager at Sustainable Gardening Australia with extensive experience across sustainable design, community development and environmental education. Teresa is an avid home gardener, chicken keeper and forager that is keen to show how sustainable choices, and lifestyle changes can be implemented by everyone.
Friends of SGA receive a 15% discount on all Master Classes. You can become a Friend of SGA here.
What you will learn
- The approaches you can use to remove them efficiently and effectively whilst minimising the impact on your local environment.
What you will get
- Information and practical guidance
What to bring
- No materials required
What to wear
No Dress Code
Gardeners of all ages and experience levels
Sustainable Gardening Australia (SGA) is a not-for-profit non-government organiation dedicated to achieving a healthy biodiverse planet.
Its driving purpose is to:
- Encourage, educate and enable home and professional gardeners to adopt sustainable gardening practices to protect or enhance the natural environment;
- Provide information, education and undertake research about the natural environment;
- Reconnect people to the natural world through gardening; and
- Ensure an understanding of the impacts that gardening decisions about chemical and resource use have on the natural environment well beyond their neighbourhood.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
Terms & Conditions
SGA’s Booking Conditions
- Bookings are considered final once payment is made and no refunds will be given for non-attendance.
- If there are insufficient numbers for an event it may be cancelled or postponed by SGA. If this is the case, you will be notified and given the option of either a full refund or a transfer to a different SGA event of equivalent value.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled starting time for registration and seating