Beginners Wax Carving and Finishing Course 1
Please note there are two price points for this course. We are offering a cheaper price point for a limited time for those financially impacted by Covid and we just ask you to be honest when taking up that option. We are trying to offer something good to our community. Thanks
On this course you will get:
A step-by-step guide to everything you need to get started on making your rings.
Full equipment and suppliers list with a recommended budget.
Your teacher will e mail as soon as you enroll and be available throughout for any questions.
- Course Introduction and explanation
- Tools Intro
- Bench peg
- Wax tube
- Adjustable saw frame and blades
- File papers
- Ring Sizers
- Ring tube sizer
- Double ended wax file
- Wax tools
- Ring Mandrel
- Optional Extras
- Flexi shaft
- Hitzlos Wheels - sprue busters
- Mandrel loaded file papers
- Polishing mop and polish
- Radial discs
- Cutting the wax
- A first look at your ring project and marking the wax
- Measuring your finger using the ring sizers and preparing to size the wax
- Sizing the inside of your ring with a ring tube sizer
- Starting to file your ring and feel how the file works on the wax
- Carving your first ring
- Chiselled model with grooves
- Signet style with smoother wax techniques
- Directions for your casters
- SAFETY FIRST-This film must be watched before you proceed
- Looking over your casting
- Removing the sprue
- Sanding the inside to size
- Looking over and refining your ring
- Polishing your finished ring
What you will learn
- How to carve a basic ring and get it cast
- How to finish of your ring to wear it
What you will get
- Finished wax models to cast and skills to make more.
What to bring
- Your enthusiasm
Anyone who wants to learn waxwork
We are a collective of designers and makers curated by Eran Naylor (owner and designer) creating and bringing to you beautiful and organic jewellery, bags and home wares. Our house label of jewellery and bags are made here in our studio. Our inspirations for our collections come from designs and patterns from the old Mesopotamian regions, India and South America, transferring the beauty of older times to bold, classic pieces that can be worn or used with ease today.
We also run a school of craft, where we invite exciting and innovative teachers to come in and teach classes so that you can learn new skills from them. These are run in one of our two beautiful spaces in and around our shop and studio.
Studio Kingfisher has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Online classes: Once booked our online classes are non refundable. Upon booking you are agreeing that you are capable of doing the course and in sound mind and body to reasonably try the skills it is teaching. The course information and guidance takes no liability for any accidents that may occur whilst you are doing it, as it is unsupervised and taken in your own home or environment. You agree to this upon enrolling on the course.
All of our online classes are subject to copyright and no permission is granted to show them publicly or to share this information.
In person classes: At Studio Kingfisher, we don't offer a refund policy once you book your class. So, please make sure you read the class description thoroughly and take a good note of the dates. If you cant make it, you need to let us know at least one week before the class commences and we will book you onto the next class with that teacher that suits or issue with a gift voucher. If you cancel any later than one week, your ticket will be forfeited. You are welcome though to transfer the ticket to a friend.
Online classes: There are no refunds or transfers for online classes. All of our online classes are protected by copyright And we do not give permission for them to used for public use in any way or to be passed on to others.
Please note that some classes will have minumum attendees for the class to go ahead, if that minumium is not met one week before the class and the teacher cancels, you will be offered a full refund or an option to transfer to the next class.
If in an emergency the class is cancelled at the last minute, again you will be offered a refund, another class or a gift voucher.
Terms & Conditions
Upon booking this ticket, it is expected that you:
- Be over 16 years of age
- Are reasonably fit to to take the class
- Turn up in a respectful manner and are respectful to the learning enviroment of the class and to all others present
- You have read and are agreeing to our refund policy
- Are willing to learn
- Will turn up on time, if not, the class will go ahead and the teacher will catch you up at the nearest chance