After School Art Classes are perfect for kids who just love art! At The Art Factory we offer classes for kids Ages 5yrs to teens. Recent research has shown that offering children a rich art program assists in their social and emotional development and has improved academic outcomes. (Vaughan, Harris and Caldwell, 2011)
1. Crafty Kids is an art program designed to expose kids to a feast of crafty materials and processes. They will explore techniques such as mosaics, sculpture, collage, textiles, papier-mache and more. A nurturing and encouraging environment is provided so that kids feel confident in their skills and proud of their outcomes. Class sizes are kept small so that each participant receives close individual attention.
2. Sketching The World is perfect for kids wanting to focus on enhancing their painting and drawing skills. Working in various media such as charcoal, pencil, pastel and paints, your child will be inspired to draw the world around them. Students will learn classical drawing skills as well as gain confidence in their own creative expression.
- Crafty Kids is an art program designed to expose kids to a feast of crafty materials and processes.
- Sketching - working in various media such as charcoal, pencil, pastel and paints, your child will be inspired to draw the world around them.
- Gain confidence in their own creative expression.
- Great way to meet new friends!
- Your kid's creativity!
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
Kids 5-8 years old
Vendor since 2012
The Art Factory is a vibrant art studio that facilitates art programs and creative events in our 3 studios across Melbourne, or on location. From kid's parties and school holiday programs to corporate workshops, be inspired by our fantastic instructors and endless supply of creative ideas and discover your inner artist.
Emma Light, Victorian College of the Art Graduate and Artist, established The Art Factory in 1999 out of a passion for art and a joy for nurturing creativity. Amy Samovitz, Manager, is an early childhood professional who believes in the enormous benefits of creative expression and exploration.
Together they have expanded The Art Factory to offer a range of inspirational art programs in three studios across Melbourne. The Art Factory goes beyond the studio as well, setting up art activities at all sorts of events and functions that need a big burst of creativity!