Basic Latte Art
(+2 more dates)
This 2hr power class is perfect for the beginner barista who is comfortable on the espresso machine and wants to start to learn the tips and tricks of making every coffee look amazing. The Basic Latte Art course focuses on “free pouring” 3 select patterns that every barista needs to learn.
Once these are mastered you will be able to experiment and take your latte art as far as your imagination will let you.
This class is limited to 2 people maximum so you can get more quality time with your trainer!
The content covered includes:
- The importance of crema
- How to achieve milk perfect for latte art
- Free pouring techniques
- 3 basic patterns for you to practice
The health and safety of our students, their families and our staff is of upmost importance to us. Our staff are fully vaccinated according to Qld Health regulations to ensure the safety of all those attending. However this is not a requirement for those seeking to learn.
During these uncertain times we encourage customers to consider purchasing the "refund upgrade" option at the checkout, giving you more confidence to book with us. To find out more information follow this Link
This class gives you the opportunity to purchase Christine Cottrell's Barista Bible at the heavily discounted price of $50.00 per booking, normally $65.00.
The Barista Bible is the ultimate companion for anyone who is keen to learn the art and science of preparing and serving perfect coffee beverages. This coffee book is perfect for the coffee connoisseur or home barista – when learning how to make espresso coffee beverages.
- Easy-to-read text
- Hundreds of superb illustrations and high quality photographs
- Step-by-step instructions for more than 20 espresso techniques
- Detailed coffee training including what is espresso and how to make espresso, coffee grinding, steaming milk & foaming milk, coffee extraction, cleaning espresso machines
- Step-by-step coffee recipes with stacks of barista tips including coffee art or latte art
- Fascinating coffee history and the origins of various coffee beverages
- Meticulously researched and written by a hospitality trainer and coffee expert
- Aligned with the Units of Competency from the Australian Hospitality Training Package.
What you will learn
- The importance of crema
- How to achieve milk perfect for latte art
- Free pouring techniques - 3 basic patterns for you to practice
What you will get
- Upon conclusion of Barista Basics all participants will receive: 10% off all barista tools and equipment in store
- Certificate of Participation
- 250grms of First Batch Coffee
What to bring
- Prerequisite: Basic experience in preparing the espresso coffee menu.
What to wear
People who experienced basics in preparing the espresso coffee menu.
The Coffee Training Co. specialise in coffee education and training, offering a range of barista courses in Noosa on the Sunshine Coast. Established in June 2014 with the vision to bridge the gap in coffee training, offering affordable course options that cater for the passionate home barista to the person looking to obtain a formal qualification.
Our team of trainers is made up of vastly experienced industry professionals who are not only passionate about coffee but also training. All our trainers started their careers behind a coffee machine and from there, have or still do, own and manage cafes, and are heavily involved in barista competitions, develop and implement coffee training and assessment programs.
So with The Coffee Training Co. you are in safe, experienced hands.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE
Coffee training and assessment
Development of coffee training and assessment material
Anything coffee, just ask!
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$14.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
100% payment is required upon booking. Payment can be made in store or via our website. We accept VISA, MasterCard, PayPal, Cash (In Store Booking Only) or Direct Deposit (Upon request). Payment by instalments is also now available. The Coffee Training Co. use the secure and trusted merchant facility of www.weteachme.com.au
Bookings can be made by phone, email or online (preferred). Once payment is made and agreement to these terms and conditions have been confirmed, bookings will be confirmed by email. A reminder email will be sent 24 hours prior to commencement of a class.
The Coffee Training Co. reserves the right to cancel a class within 48hrs of the scheduled commencement date & time if the below booking / enrollment numbers are not met.
- Advanced Barista Techniques - Minimum 2 bookings / enrollments.
- Espresso Fundamentals - Minimum 2 bookings / enrollments.
- Basic Latte Art - 0 bookings / enrollments.
All training facilities are purpose built coffee training rooms. Equipment used are 2 group commercial espresso machines and commercial grinders.
The Coffee Training Co. is committed to supporting the national Privacy Principles which set clear standards for the collection, use, storage and access of personal information which is obtained as part of business operations. To provide our services we require certain information from the purchaser or trainee, e.g. their name, address, contact details etc. If the purchaser or trainee does not provide us with this information we will not be able to provide the services the purchaser or trainee have requested.
As required by the Privacy Act the purchaser or trainee may also check and correct the accuracy of personal details at any time. The Coffee Training Co. is not involved in the selling, trading or alternative unauthorized use of personal information. We will not, on any circumstances pass on personal details to other organisations, unless required by law.
Training and Assessment
All The Coffee Training Co. trainers are industry experienced trainers. All courses offered follow a clear training plan that is flexible to meet the learners needs. Methods of training include, but not limited to, the use of practical demonstrations & explanations, content delivered by TV & DVD, and "one on one" assisted training, physical work books and assessments and practical assessments.
Workplace Health & Safety Policy
Our Trainers are responsible for providing and maintaining a safe training environment & facilities for the welfare of other trainers, trainees and guests.
Trainees are responsible for;
- Ensuring their own personal health and safety, and that of others in the training facility.
- They comply with any reasonable directions (such as safe training procedures, wearing personal protective equipment) given by a trainer or management for health and safety reasons.
- Ensuring correct attire is worn and personal hygiene standards are met to meet food safety standards.
- Wearing of closed in shoes at all time
- Long hair should be tied back
- No acrylic nails
- No nail polish
- Minimal jewellery