Team Building & Corporate Event - Cooking Class
(Private Dates Available)
Team building and Corporate events - enquire for specific needs - Menu is tailored
Join Kelly from The Hellenic Odyssey, a Greek home cook with a proud heritage, for a Greek cooking class online, as we come together to create a generous spread of food and to learn about the Mediterranean diet, its origins and its benefits.
You will learn how to prepare traditional authentic dishes that you won’t commonly find in a Greek restaurant. Instead, it is food that you would expect to eat in the kitchen of a Greek family home.
The Mediterranean Diet is a dietary pattern modelled on the eating habits of the Cretans in the 1950s. Nowadays, it is the most comprehensively researched diet in the world with evidence showing that it is incredibly beneficial for physical & mental health.
The Mediterranean Diet follows 10 basic rules of eating. Therefore, it not only looks at what we eat but how we eat. It rests on the premise that the very basic act of eating brings people together, it creates a sense of community, it allows for discussion time and it provides enjoyment through the sense of taste. Hence, food forms an important part of the human experience. Food makes us feel, it evokes emotion and memories.
Greek food is not only about sharing food and passing down recipes taught from grandmothers and mothers but it also ensures the recipes are not forgotten. Secondly, it also follows deeply seeded traditions that imply that one’s home is a welcoming and hospitable environment which is open to all.
Some of our fondest memories involve food because of the strong sensory relationship we have with it. The flavours and aromas, the textures and the visual appeal of beautifully presented dishes are linked to the sweetness, the tastiness, the crunch and all that is part of this banquet we call life.
We look forward to connecting with you and creating fond culinary memories by transporting you to Greece even if it is just for a moment.
- If you prefer not to cook along and simply watch the demonstration you can also do that.
- The class will take place online via the Zoom application so please make sure you familiarise yourself with this app prior to the class and that you have access to video via your phone, computer, ipad, tablet or laptop.
- The class will not be recorded.
- At the end of the class you will have a generous spread ready to enjoy.
Team Building and corporate events
Are you looking for an exciting team building event that is a little different, fun and interactive? Bring your group together for a memorable and deliciously satisfying cooking class.
Whether you are looking for an online or in person team building or corporate event, The Hellenic Odyssey can provide for both. Online cooking classes are a great way to connect when in person events are not possible. Online events are also great for teams that are dispersed across various states of Australia or based at different locations.
The Hellenic Odyssey can help bring your team or group together, it can provide a reward for hard work or act as a thank you to a special group of clients. Whatever the reason for the celebration, birthday party, Christmas party, end of year celebrations or team building, we provide a warm, casual and friendly environment for your special event.
We can provide dish ideas as inspiration or work with you to devise a menu based on dietary requirements and specific tastes. Our food is based on the Greek cuisine and the Mediterranean diet. We talk about the health and nutritional benefits of the Mediterranean diet and provide olive oil tastings while giving you an insight into Greek culture and tradition. We cook 3-4 dishes over a 2hour period. We prepare, cook and eat together while sharing kitchen and food stories.
We can cater for small groups looking for a warm and casual setting.
Online classes are held over Zoom
Why choose a cooking class for team building or corporate event?
Regardless of your cooking experience level, beginner or advanced, there are so many benefits to team building cooking class:
- It’s a fun and interactive experience that keeps participants engaged and most of all, it brings people together over the love of food!
- It’s a great way to reward your team for all their hard work and provide an opportunity for them to come together and build on their relationships.
- It promotes group interaction and team cohesion while discussing how to take on tasks.
- It provides for new learning about another cuisine and its culture.
- It provides the ability to learn new cooking skills and boost kitchen confidence.
- It can increase the team’s motivation, creativity and productivity, improve communication and foster a collaborative spirit.
- It can help create new common ground and form new relationships.
- It can increase success in the workplace and boost morale. When teams work well together, they create a positive work ethic and environment with shared values and common goals.
- It provides an opportunity to get to know others outside of the work zone in a more relaxed environment. Sharing an experience can help workers come together in new ways.
What you will get?
- Online hands-on cooking experience
- We provide all the food, and equipment including aprons (in person events only).
- Learn about the fundamentals of Greek cooking, common ingredients, spices and flavours
- How to create a delicious range of dishes both savoury and sweet
- Greek cooking tips and tricks from a home cook for a truly authentic experience
- A delicious meal to enjoy at the end of the class as a group
What you will learn
- Learn about the Mediterranean based diet, its health benefits and the 10 ground rules of the Mediterranean diet
- How to make traditional Greek food using authentic family recipes
What you will get
- Online cooking lesson with authentic recipes and a Greek host guiding and demonstrating the recipes
- A recipe card and preparation instructions will be emailed to you 3-4 days prior to the class
- How to prepare for the class to get the most out of the live online class. A list of equipment you will need.
What to bring
- Just an appetite
What to wear
Open to all skill levels
The Hellenic Odyssey Cooking Classes & Food Tours - Awaken Your Senses
“A project created from the heart, driven by a passion for food and inspired by a love for travel”
At The Hellenic Odyssey we want to share our authentic family recipes and traditional cooking methods and provide you with:
- a valuable and entertaining experience while learning to cook a new cuisine
- the ability and confidence to improve on your kitchen skills and cooking techniques
- insights into the cultural heritage, values and traditions surrounding the recipes
- a taste of Greece through the flavours and aromas of Greek food that leaves you wanting to explore more of Greece
The Hellenic Odyssey is not just another cooking school. We are all about the heart and soul of Greek food and the people and stories that make it what it is.
Our focus is to share our recipes so that they are kept alive throughout the generations but also to preserve the essence and authenticity of Greek food and cooking.
We want to teach you about that the simple flavours of Greek food that makes it so delicious.
We offer a variety of classes every week, both online and in person for individuals, groups, teams and corporates and for special occasions and celebrations.
Greek way of life
For Greeks, food is about the cultivation, harvest and preparation of food that is as close to nature as possible. Every single day, Greek families will come home from work and sit down at the table for a shared home cooked meal before an afternoon siesta and then back to work for the afternoon shift.
Based on the Greek way of living, we too will prepare, cook and eat together as a group, in a relaxed informal cooking class or demonstration where you can choose your level of participation. You can sit back and just enjoy food being prepared for you that is freshly cooked right before your eyes or you can roll up your sleeves, put on an apron and take part in helping to prepare the dishes.
Classes are an intimate gathering to provide the opportunity to ask questions, to learn and to enjoy the company and the food in a relaxed and informal setting. The recipes are simple, quick and easy but truly delicious.
In our classes you will learn how to select the ingredients that will provide you with the most authentic Greek flavours so you can replicate this type of cooking in your own kitchen. The aromas will have you feeling like you are in strolling along a cobble stoned laneway passing by a taverna on one of the beautiful idyllic Greek islands.
You will be welcomed into a Greek family home set with olive trees and mandarin trees out the front and a fig tree, orange, lemon tree and vine out the back.
I’m Kelly, a passionate home cook with Cretan heritage, I host culinary travel tours to Crete and conduct Greek cooking classes and walking food tours in Melbourne.
I help people to learn how to cook delicious and nutritious food, in a fun and interactive environment, so they can gain the kitchen skills needed to become confident cooks.
Always ambitious and a dreamer that believes all things are possible with enough time, effort and a little luck from the universe. Lover of desserts. Could talk about food and travel all day. Ideal place of residence would be any Greek Island, sipping on a frappe by the beach, eating fresh fruit and yoghurt from now until the rest of my life.
I look forward to welcoming you into my home and learning about your food journey while I share a my insights into Greek cuisine and the Greek way of life.
The Hellenic Odyssey has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at The Hellenic Odyssey or organised by The Hellenic Odyssey must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by The Hellenic Odyssey
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give The Hellenic Odyssey unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at The Hellenic Odyssey classes and events or on The Hellenic Odyssey premises. (For use of The Hellenic Odyssey marketing materials).
The Hellenic Odyssey does not provide refunds but allows transfers.
In the event that a class is cancelled by The Hellenic Odyssey, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a transfer or credit note only, no refunds will be provided.
We do not offer a refunds, we only issue a credit note or transfer to a different date if a class is cancelled due to minimum numbers no been met or any unforeseen circumstances.