Steph, (also known as Cheersthankxalot), is a Melbourne based Lino Print artist, podcaster and dog mamma with a dream that all artists should be able to make a living off what they create… us too, right? Creating art, watching Rupaul’s Drag Race or looking after her plants are all (un)healthy obsessions…. you too, right? But creating lino prints in a traditional format is what brings Steph *joy*, and collaborating with like minded people and brands is something she is passionate about…. that’s all of us, right?
Well, without further ado, please welcome Steph into the TWW fold and come along to her Lino Printing Workshop printing on gorgeous Dodgy Paper - as you know it is one of our FAVE crafts and we think it will be yours too...
What you will learn
- A beginners guide to lino printing including what materials to use and how to find them
- How to transfer your image onto lino
- Printing with a press and other techniques to transfer your image onto paper
What you will get
- A sheet of lino to carve on the day plus practice pieces. Two lino carving tools to take home with you so you can continue with your printmaking journey. Some easy cut lino to create a stamp
- You get to print onto 'dodgy paper' recycled handmade paper made in Melbourne and tips and tricks guide to take home with you.
- And the usual lols, food and bevvies to keep you sustained and hydrated through out
What to bring
- Please bring bucket loads of enthusiasm - you will be unleashing your unfounded creativity.
What to wear
Maybe not your finest as you may get inky
This class is for all skill levels, and printmaking enthusiasts. Suitable for beginners
Find an inspiring workshop – ceramics, painting, watercolour, weaving, pottery, leather making, gin tasting, punch needle, ikebana, kokedama – you name it!
We are a creative hub for the arts / crafts / design movement providing workshops and events to inspire.
We seek out and promote local Melbourne based Artists.
We unleash the unexplored creativity in people.
We provide a social gathering for people to slow down and team up.
We create a sensory experience that will get people talking.
We have been described as "the craft version of a spa day".
The Windsor Workshop has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 4 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$50.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
You may be photographed at this event.
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given. Due to the nature of how we pay artists, order materials and supplies and pre-pay for catering and beverages, no refunds are available.
Purchase of your ticket accepts these Terms and Conditions