Hand made journal / notebook
What a THRILL to be in invited to The Finders Keepers market as part of their workshop offerings on Friday 7th through to Sunday 9th July at the Royal Exhibition Building. Boy, do we have a line up!
Including… a first ever, brand new workshop for us where you can DIY your own journal / note book / diary.
On the day, you will choose you paper inserts (different types of plain, lined, graph), a handmade and recycled paper cover for your beloved journal and then we will pop it altogether with a spiral. Personalise it with a Circuit sticker and WHAM you are walking away with a bespoke, never to be seen again personal journal.
Flick through to our other workshops to see WHAT you can do with your newly made journal...
What you will learn
- How to make your very own journal or notepad
- Use hand made, found, collected materials to create a unique one-of-a-kind journal
- Fun embellishments to decorate your jounral
What you will get
- Materials to crearte a bespoke journal - no two will be alike!
- Fun cricut made embellishments to decorate your journal
- Materials include different types of paper, front and back cover and coloured spiral binding
Please note entry is now via the Nicholson Street doors ONLY. Have you bought your Finders Keepers entry ticket? (separate to the workshop ticket)
How do I get there?
Due to the number of visitors to the markets, we highly recommend using public transport. Royal Exhibition Building directions and 'how to get there guide' is also available here.
Getting there by public transport
Plan your trip using PTV's Journey Planner.
Transport options include:
- Tram: Tram route 86 or tram route 96 to the corner of Nicholson and Gertrude Streets.
- Free City Circle Tram to Victoria Parade
- Train: City Loop train to Parliament Station.
- Bus: Bus routes 250, 251, 253, and 402 to Rathdowne Street.
- Taxi: Taxi drop-off zones on Nicholson and Rathdowne Streets.
Getting there by bicycle
Local bicycle facilities include bike lanes on Rathdowne St and Canning St. There is also a shared pedestrian/bike path on Nicholson St.
Bicycle racks on the Plaza provide ample bike parking just outside the front door.
Where can I park?
Located under Melbourne Museum, the Museum car park is open 7 days a week from 5.30 am to midnight daily. Enter via Rathdowne Street or Nicholson Street.
Book your car park online
Please note: Melbourne Museum parking is operated entirely independently of the Finders Keepers markets.
What to bring
- Please bring bucket loads of enthusiasm - you will be unleashing your unfounded creativity.
What to wear
Wear your comfiest market clothes.
This workshop is for all skill levels (no experience necessary).
Find an inspiring workshop – ceramics, painting, watercolour, weaving, pottery, leather making, gin tasting, punch needle, ikebana, kokedama – you name it!
We are a creative hub for the arts / crafts / design movement providing workshops and events to inspire.
We seek out and promote local Melbourne based Artists.
We unleash the unexplored creativity in people.
We provide a social gathering for people to slow down and team up.
We create a sensory experience that will get people talking.
We have been described as "the craft version of a spa day".
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 4 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$50.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
You may be photographed at this event.
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given. Due to the nature of how we pay artists, order materials and supplies and pre-pay for catering and beverages, no refunds are available.
Purchase of your ticket accepts these Terms and Conditions