Learn just the crochet essentials to make a Chevron Blanket. In our Intro to Crochet workshops we stick to what you need to know just for that project.
There is so much to learn in crochet, but you have to start somewhere! So why not dip your toe into crochet and try out a workshop where you cover only the essentials. To make your Chevron Blanket you will learn; how to increase and decrease, make a slip knot, chain stitch, slip stitch and treble crochet stitch. If you've got everything under control, we'll also teach you how to change colours.
Types of Crochet Workshops Available:
- An intro workshop is also a great way to get a refresher and reignite your passion for hooking. If Chevrons aren't your thing, check out Intro to Crochet: The Granny Sqare Workshop - click here.
- If you want a more comprehensive understanding of crochet that explains all its nuances, book our "Crochet Basics for Beginners Course" - click here.
- or even have a look at our longer programs: The Crochet Clubs - click here.
- Learn only what you need to crochet a Chevron Blanket
- Crochet Stitches: a slip knot, chain stitch, slip stitch, treble crochet stitch, increasing/decreasing
- Understand both a written pattern and pattern chart
- Instructions covering everything learnt in class
- The start of a Chevron Blanket made by you!
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 4.5mm Crochet Hook
- These tools can purchased at booking, or at your workshop - you select from our small range of colours on arrival
- 2 x balls 8ply cotton yarn in light colours (no black)
Suitable for any crochet skill level
Vendor since 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.