Melbourne Food Experiences Cooking Class and Market Tour
Chef Ha Nguyen celebrates the food of Vietnam with this wonderful cooking class and food tour at his Otao cooking school in Richmond.
Enjoy snacks on arrival and meet with Chef Ha. We then divide in two groups with one half cooking and the other half going on a tour to the best food outlets of Victoria Street. After 90 minutes the groups will swap over to do the other activity.
The food tour will discover where to buy the best fresh produce, seafood, meat and essential pantry ingredients. The class will include sampling and some hands on preparation of these classic Vietnamese dishes
FISH IN CARAMEL SAUCE
CHICKEN IN BANANA LEAF
PORK BELLY WITH CASHEW AND PINEAPPLE
BANANA FLOWER SALAD
EXOTIC FRUITS AND VIETNAMESE CAKE
Chef Ha’s warm welcome and relaxed style will ensure all guests leave with new-learned kitchen skills, terrific recipes and a greater understanding of Vietnamese food, cooking and culture.
Throughout his 14 year career chef Ha Nguyen has worked in Hanoi, Wellington and Melbourne. He is excited to share with you an authentic Vietnamese cooking experience in his own cooking school in Richmond.
COST - $2100.00
This covers up to 14 guests - $150.00pp. We can host smaller groups on request. The event runs for approximately 4 hours. This event is held in Richmond.
Melbourne Food Experiences 1800 801 838 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The fundamentals of Vietnamese ingredients and flavours
- How to prepare a range of quick, healthy and authentic Vietnamese recipes
- Cooking tips, tricks and techniques
- A 3 hour hands-on cooking experience with Chef Ha Nguyen
- Refreshment drinks throughout the class
- Use of all cooking equipment and utensils, including apron
- The freshest quality food and ingredients all provided
- Valuable cooking skills including the history of Vietnamese food and culture
- A wonderful meal to enjoy at the end, with complimentary sparkling wine
- A selection of seasonal exotic fruits
- A copy of the recipes to keep
- A willingness to learn and participate
- A sense of curiosity and a smile
- An appetite for delicious food!
Smart casual. Closed-toe footwear is essential (flat soles are recommended).