Are you new to sewing or would love to learn to sew? In this class we’ll be making a simple yet glamorous robe that you can style as day/beach wear or cosy into after a lovely warm bath or to lounge about in. You’ll learn the basics of operating a sewing machine and how to sew with accuracy to then make this fabulous new piece for your wardrobe.
This is a BYO friendly sewing machine class, so bring along your own sewing machine (and any little bits that go with it) or hire one from us available to use for the class. Forget the hassles of following a sewing tutorial on YouTube or on Pinterest alone and enjoy a fun group environment with plenty of individual attention. I’ll ensure you learn how to sew with your exact machine and help you get through any tricky bits that come up or don’t make sense so that you walk away with better sewing skills & a kimono robe you’d love to wear!
About Ann-Maree Saver
I’ve been a maker since forever, spending many childhood afternoons mesmerised over DIY books and attempting to recreate them with whatever I could get my hands on. Fast forward another 20 years or so, I had a close call with a civil engineering degree before, saying f*k it and getting formally trained with a Diploma of Applied Fashion at TAFE and a Bachelor of Industrial Design at uni. Whilst I love working in the field, I also love teaching the skills that take mere ideas into reality, it’s like making magic right in front of your eyes!
- Sewing is an epic skill to have up your sleeve whether its just to tailor your clothes for a more on point look
- Wield the power of the sewing machine to make up this awesome minimalist pouch
- Basics of straight stitch, top stitching, inserting zippers
- My brain & sewing expertise
- All sewing materials to use during the call
- A group intro to the basics of sewing
- One-on-ones on how the basics apply to your machine
- Live demo of each sewing step of the pouch/case
- New confidence & epic sewing skills
- A copy of the instructions to make again at home and to prove to your friends that YOU ACTUALLY did make it yourself
- A sewing machine and its power cord and presser foot (If it hasn’t been used in a while, or you know it needs to be fixed, get it serviced before the class to save disappointment)
- Any little/bits attachments that go with your machine (eg. needles, sewing feet, bobbins)
- BYO FABRIC - 2m x 2m
Vendor since 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email email@example.com to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.