With so many delicious dishes that can be easily adapted, Indian food is undoubtably a Vegetarian & Vegan’s best friend!
Join us for our second workshop with ‘The Nifty Cooks’ , who have hand-picked their favourite authentic Indian recipes, and will show you how to whip up a delicious three course meal - which is entirely vegan!
You'll learn how to cook the following lip-smacking dishes, which are sure to impress your family and friends:
- Tofu Sticks (Tofu marinated and cooked in Indian herbs and spices)
- Chole Masala (Chickpea curry cooked in a onion based gravy)
- Aloo Gobi (Dry cauliflower and potato curry tempered with authentic North Indian spices)
- Jeera Rice (Basmati rice cooked with cumin seeds)
- Crunchy Salad
- Sweet Besan Cashew Halwa (Chickpea flour and cashew cooked in walnut oil)
ABOUT THE NIFTY COOKS
“The Nifty Cooks Cooking Classes” is a Melbourne based cooking school run by two home cooks Kanika and Sonal.
Both Kanika and Sonal are passionate about food and cooking and have been calling Melbourne their home for several years. By profession, Kanika is a Credit Manager with a leading broking firm and Sonal, Product Analyst with a very profitable investment group.
Most of their recipes come from their mother’s kitchen and from the streets and corners of India. They will share ample tips and tricks in the class and the class will taste what is cooked in the class.
- Learn how to create authentic Indian meals full of aromatic spices and flavours that are completely vegan friendly!
- Learn simple techniques and recipes that are easy to follow
- Learn how to host a tasty Indian food party and serve yummilicious food to your family and friends
- All ingredients provided including vegetables, spices and condiments.
- All utensils and cooking equipment to be used in class
- Just yourself!
Bring an apron if you have one!
Vendor since 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email email@example.com to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.