Brighten up your bed or sofa with a hand made edged cushion. Mindy will guide you step by step in this class to make your own perfect cushion. Whether you are a complete beginner, or need a brush up on your sewing skills this workshop is for you.
We will cover basic hand and machine stitches and sewing safety, plus how to correctly pin and cut projects.
ABOUT MINDY MCTAGGART
Mindy McTaggart had her first machine sewing lesson with her great Aunt at the age of about 5 or 6 sewing on a treadle Singersewing machine. Her project was to make aprons for said Aunts fellow nuns of the Order of the Sacred Heart.
She progressed on to an electrical machine and bigger and better projects.
In her final year if Fashion Design Studies, at the Narional Art School, Mindy was selected as the Australian Candidate for the Smirnoff International Fashion Award. Here she showcased a small collection she printed, embellished, cut and sewed together, titled The Altered Image.
Today in Partnership with Emma Cotterill, Mindy creates bespoke and Avante Garde styles for their label Millicent Darling – where their work is often featured in Hairdressing campaigns and Magazines.
- Learn hand and machine sewing skills
- Learn how to correctly pin and cut projects.
- Turn sharp corners and insert a lapped zip at the back.
- Confidence in using a machine machine
- All materials will be provided
- Your very own handmade cushion
- Fabric to make cushion cover with, that will match your personal aesthetic. Alternatively – you may use material brought in by Mindy.
- If you would like to bring your own sewing machine, please email us to let us know - email@example.com (Otherwise we will set you up with one of our machines)
Casual, Please wear enclosed shoes.
Vendor sincce 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Northern Rivers, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)