With the property market continuing to increase, younger Australians are being forced to move further out of the city to potentially less desirable areas to live in order to buy their own home.
Chris Browne from Rising Tide is here to show you how and why so many young Aussies are continuing to rent where they want to live and choosing to invest in property where they can afford.
If you’re thinking about investing but have no idea where to start, this workshop is for you!
ABOUT CHRIS BROWNE FROM RISING TIDE
When Chris Browne first sought financial planning advice in his late 20’s, he felt traditional financial advice firms didn’t speak his language or implied he was not cashed up enough as a young person to be valued as a serious client. Completely underwhelmed by his experience, Chris launched Rising Tide - specialising in advice for a new generation. Rising Tide believes young people develop brilliant ideas that can either change lives or create serious wealth. They lend an ear and take their young clients seriously – offering positive realistic feedback and support to reach goals sooner.
Chris’s desire to give back to the community is reflected in his commitment to 1% for Humanity® an organisation that he started with his brother, establishing a movement of individuals and businesses giving their time and money to fight extreme poverty and injustice in Cambodia.
- If you’re thinking about investing but have no idea where to start, this workshop is for you!
- Learn how much deposit is required when purchasing and different ways to raise it plus ways to reduce the huge upfront costs associate with a purchase
- Learn about the tax benefits and implications with purchasing property and how to utilise equity you have built up in an existing property
- An understanding of how much deposit is required when purchasing and different ways to raise it
- Learn ways to reduce the huge upfront costs associate with a purchase
- Learn the tax benefits and implications with purchasing property
- Learn how purchasing will effect your cashflow and different strategies to lower the impact
- Learn how to utilise equity you have built up in an existing property
- Gain a deep insight into loan features and what you have to do to get one!
- Paper and pen/laptop/tablet (something to take notes with)
Vendor since 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email email@example.com to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.