Metal Jewellery Workshop - Intro to Silversmithing
(Private Dates Available)
This workshop will provide everything needed to make a piece of metal jewellery to take home on the day. You can decide between a pair of earrings, a pendant or a keyring. Participants will be shown the process of creating a completed piece of jewellery. Workshops are fluid and adjusted to suit individual needs.
Each participant with receive the following:
- Brass, copper or aluminium, pre-cut pieces of metal
- Sterling silver wire
- All findings for individual piece
- 2 Pieces of practice metal, which we then turn into a keyring to take home.
- Gift bag
The use of all tools and equipment.
Light snacks, tea and coffee, and mineral water.
ABOUT THE VENUE
This workshop area is based within the dining room of a beautiful big Queenslander, which is converted into office spaces. We enjoy a breeze from the open windows and doors.
WHAT TO BRING
1. Expectation for creativity and fun.
2. Reading glasses if you wear them, especially for afternoon workshops.
WHAT TO WEAR
1. Something comfortable
WHEELCHAIR LIFT AVAILABLE - the venue has a small flight of stairs with an individual wheelchair lift. The venue has wheelchair-adapted facilities.
* Additonal metal and findings can be purchased at the event if required.
NOTE: By purchasing a ticket, you agree to be photographed at the event. If you do not want to be photographed, please inform us when booking your ticket. Thank you.
What you will learn
- Participants will learn introductory silversmithing techniques, including metal texturing and shaping.
What you will get
- Either one pair of handmade and unique Dangle Earrings, OR a pendant OR keychain/wall-hanging.
- A mindful and relaxing 3 hours.
There is a carpark out the back of the building, at
34 Princhester st.
You can enter the building from this carpark via the steps at the back of the house, which lead directly into the workshop area.
* BACK CARPARK CAN BE MUDDY IN WET WEATHER
There is on-street parking on Thomas st, free at the southern end of the street, but halfway down the street timed parking starts, please keep an eye out for the signs indicating this.
What to bring
What to wear
Beginner, 10+ age
Additional metal and attachments can be purchased if wanting to make more pieces.
Auburn in Love is a Creative Silversmithing Studio focusing on providing mindfulness through the process of creating unique pieces of metal jewellery and small objects.
Mindfulness and meditative moments can be achieved through the process of designing, making for a purpose, texturing and finishing the piece through the therapeutic process of filing and polishing the piece.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 1 day before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Auburn in Love or organised by Auburn in Love must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Auburn in Love
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Auburn in Love unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Auburn in Love classes and events or on Auburn in Love premises. (For use of Auburn in Love marketing materials).