Before the day, you'll receive an email with an Asian Vegetable and Herb guide along with a map detailing when and where to meet on the day.
What happens on the day?
- First, we’ll check out the Asian supermarket. Before it gets too busy
- Then on to the Fish market where they also sell a broad range of Asian herbs.
- Then we'll look at the meat area and discuss the many Asian cuts available.
- Upstairs we’ll check out the frozen food mart.
- On to where I buy my sauces, pastes and condiments.
- Lastly, we will look at where you can get kitchenware, knives, gastronome trays, cutlery, Wok’s, plates and bowls, etc., etc. Sooo much to see.
- And lastly lunch. I am sure we’ll have built up a huge appetite for around 11:30 – 12:00.
After the tour, if you have any questions I'm just an email away.
Duration around 4.5 - 5 hours
- As we meander through the alleyways and shops you'll learn about the many exciting Asian ingredients on offer
- Learn what brands Bec and other Chefs use in their Asian cooking
- A Map of Springvale with shops outlined
- A list of Asian veg and their uses
- Lunch at the end of the tour in a small authentic cafe
Please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for being out doors some of the time.
Anyone with an interest in Asian food
Vendor since 2017
Our aim at Bec’s table is to inspire you to create great food at home. We run a broad range of classes for all skill levels. We provide hands-on and demonstration classes to suit the student’s needs.
The equipment you’ll find at our cooking school is the same as in any home kitchen so that all our recipes and techniques will be readily reproduced with ease in yours. It’s no use us using a commercial combi oven if you don’t have one at home. We have a wide range of equipment at our school including Thermomix for Thermomix owners.
My qualifications are as follows:
• Certificate in Hospitality – Kitchen Operations
• Certificate in Hospitality – Commercial Cookery
• Certificate in Hospitality – Patisserie
• Certificate in Training and Assessment
We also have guest teachers that conduct classes in their particular field of experience.
If you're ready to book, please ensure you read the terms and conditions below.
By placing your booking, this means you agree to all information listed.
To secure your booking follow the instructions provided.
Once we receive your payment, you will be notified, and your booking will be secured.
Cancellations, Refunds & Transfers
Cancellation is possible up to 7 days before the class start date. Once we start purchasing food and equipment for the class, your payment will not be refundable.
All courses are subject to minimum and maximum numbers of enrolments. If insufficient registrations are received, we may need to cancel a class. We will endeavour to advise you no later than 48 hours before the scheduled lesson. In this case, your payment will be totally refundable or transferable to another class.
Absent from classes - If you do not attend the class that you are booked into, you will be marked as absent, and your payment and booking will be lost. Classes must be attended as they are non-refundable after the required date, due to preparation costs & food wastage.
Allergies – Please contact us regarding any special dietary needs before booking any of our classes as some classes may not be suitable.