Advanced Cake Decoration is a 5 hours workshop. It combines the first 3 hours Beginner Cake Decoration and 2 hours intricate flowers leaning and practicing. Based on the basic flowers we will teach you how to make Wild Rose, Freesia, Gardenia, Peony and other intricate flowers. You will be making 6 mini cakes and one 5inches cake to take home. These are the topics we are going to cover in this 5 hours workshop: Beginner Cake Decoration workshop + intricate flowers and cake design. We run the workshop every Thursdays, Friday and Saturday.
- Each workshop consists of no more than 6 students to ensure that each student receives the best training.
- Each students will have own working station. Such as piping bags, turning tables, students don’ t need to share in the class.
- We use the finest ingredients to build your cake in order to give you the best experience and taste.
- First 3 hours beginner workshop
- 2 hours intricate flowers leaning and practicing
- Making 6 mini cakes and one 5inches cake to take home
- They will be making 6 mini cakes and one 5inches caketo take home
- Coffee, tea and cookies will be provided in the class
- Please bring your container to take home your cakes; Otherwise, you can purchase the stunning cake box from us in the class.
Anything comfortable. For safety reasons, please do not wear any loose clothing, high heels, sandals or slippers.
Everyone interested to bake. For students under 14, please join us with your parents!
Vendor since 2018
Hello, welcome to Blooming Cakes. I am Babette Yu.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in Performance and Sociology from the University of Sydney. After four years of academic study, I realised I am more creative with handcraft, a gift I believe I inherited from my parents. I have a strong passion to make my life and others around me a little bit sweeter.
In 2007, I moved to Sydney from Shanghai, China. While studying, I worked for Barista Basics Coffee Academy as a barista trainer. Thanks to this great company and the people I worked for, I have experienced making food and drinks with art.
From 2012 to 2013, I lived in Paris for a few months with the purpose of learning world leading patisserie secrets. Successfully completing the Patisserie Diploma from Le Cordon Bleu Paris broadened my mindset and provided further desire to continue my journey.
Mid 2017, I attended a buttercream cake decoration advanced program in South Korea. Upon my return to Sydney, I focused on my own cake decorating business, Blooming Cakes. I feel it's the perfect time for me to combine all my experience and knowledge to share and connect with you.
Blooming Cakes requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Blooming Cakes to organise a refund or transfer
Unfortunately, we cannot refund once payment has been made. However, you may reschedule the class with 24 hours prior notice.
For anyone that cannot attend the workshop without 24hrs prior notice, there will be $50 rebooking fee. Otherwise, you will lose your booking with us. As we have to bake and prepare all your fresh ingredients for you, we do expect everyone to show up to the class.