Requirements for this class:
- Packed Lunch & Snacks — We will provide refreshments throughout the day, but your child will be required to bring their own lunch & any snacks.
- Writing tools — Please have your child bring their pencil case containing pencils, textas and markers for use throughout the program.
- Laptop — The kids will be using software and different online platforms for the workshop. Tablets have very limited accessibility to the workshop's activities so a laptop is the recommended device. A Mac is preferred, but a recent PC laptop also works— preferably with Chrome or Mozilla Firefox installed as the browser.
- USB Port and administrator access (on laptop) — in order to use the Arduino hardware on the computer.
- Arduino IDE installed on the computer— In order to program the Arduino hardware, this software is required. Please follow the installation instructions from this link.
- OPTIONAL: Phone or tablet— with the following app installed: Lemonade Stand AR (for iPhone or for Android)
- Tinkercad account — So we can spend most of our time teaching, we ask that you create a Tinkercad account for your kids before class begins. When registering for Tinkercad please input their birthday as 01/01/2000. Please ensure your child has their log in details with them.
- Blender — should be installed in your child's device.
About Kids Tech Combo
The Tech combo cmbines our Kids Coding, and Augmented Reality (AR) workshops over three days.
About Kids Coding
Code is one of the world's most widely used languages. As more and more of our world relies on software to power it, being able to understand and affect it means having the ability to control our future.
Throughout our 2 day coding workshop, taught by developers in industry, we teach your children how to understand the underlying technology which is shaping the world around them.
Not only will your children learn how to build their own websites, they'll also use Arduino kits to see how software and hardware interact."
Everyone should know how to program a computer, because it teaches you how to think" - Steve Jobs
About Kids AR
Pokemon Go made $1.2B in its first year. Worldwide, 30 million kids play Minecraft. This generation thinks in 3D. That’s why Lemonade Stand is excited to help kids to shift their perspective: from consuming 3D digital content to producing 3D digital content. We've partnered with our friends at Plattar, Australia's first and easiest to use Augmented Reality (AR) platform, to allow our budding 3D artists to view and manipulate their creations in an AR environment. In partnership with Plattar, This program will open their eyes to new opportunities in VR/AR and introduce them to an industry that will provide exciting careers to many in the near future.
During this workshop, your children will learn CAD design to turn their ideas into 3D objects, which can then be used for Augmented Reality experiences. We will be exploring the opportunities in Virtual and Augmented Reality, and porting their creations onto the Plattar AR platform for display. Your children will also have a chance to make their own designs and will be using professional grade software and equipment, which means they'll receive unique, real-world experience they can use outside the classroom.
What people say about Lemonade Stand
"Thank you for a fun, interactive and thought-provoking 2 days. My son Conor had an absolute ball, and is brimming with ideas and enthusiasm! You obviously love what you do, and more importantly, the kids do too." - Kristen, Parent
"The pitches I saw today were better than many adults I've seen pitch." Steve Baxter, Shark Tank
"It's not boring school. We make websites and we learn businesses and stuff, however at school it's just maths and English. Everybody should get the chance to do this — it's epic." Maxim, Student. April '16
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Day 1) 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Day 2) 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Day 3)
- Leave with a working AR prototype (and Google cardboard) to view and share VR/AR experiences with friends.
- Build a website from scratch with HTML/CSS
- The fundamentals of programming, including object, variables and functions
- Packed Lunch & Snacks
- Writing Tools
- USB Port and administrator access (on laptop)
- Arduino IDE installed on the computer
This program is designed for 9-12 year old kids.
Vendor since 2015
Open Innovation Hub where Startups and Corporates alike can Learn, Connect, and Innovate - together.
Offering short, high-impact classes and workshops on Lean Startup, Digital Marketing, Data Science, Design Thinking and Agile Methodologies.
Disrupt yourself, before someone else does.