Cultivating Creativity In The Workplace
How can you gain a creative advantage in your current role and your career?
Creativity is the most important asset we have to negotiate through this rapidly changing world.
From the way we manage our work life and conduct business, to how we learn a new skill, model behaviours for our children and shape the way we age to express our unique selves, the creative brain has no limits.
This program focuses on how to pursue creativity in your workplace, to enhance your own individual skills and the organisation’s ability to succeed through a focus on creativity and innovation.
As managers, we can have more impact as we learn the skills of effective and creative leadership to enable us to manage the challenges faced by our workplace teams, organisations and the society at large.
This is a self-paced course that you can do in your own time.
This online program includes:
- Just over one hour of video,
- a Program Booklet (55 pages) that includes a comprehensive summary of each video transcript, source references and additional resources, and a reflective activity.
This online program covers:
Seeking Out Workplace Creativity
- What is the VUCA world of work?
- Applying the Creative Elements Model
How the Work Environment Influences Motivation
- Reflection: What work environment factors are important to support your intrinsic motivation? (Part 1)
- Reflection: What do you consider important to support your intrinsic motivation? (Part 2)
- Assessing an organisation for creativity
- Reflection: What should I look for in a future employer? (Part 3)
Managing Creativity Versus Managing For Creativity
- What role does management play in fostering the creative process in the workplace?
- Reflection: Are you managing for creativity?
- From manager to transformational leader
- More on information overload and attention deficient
- What is the Foresight Thinking Profile?
- Additional reading, references and reflective activities
Bonus offer - more about the Foursight Creative Thinking Profile
About the Program Creator and Facilitator:
Maria Simonelli is a creative catalyst and passionate about encouraging others to dive into the power of their creative potential.
As an author, educator and artist, Maria has spent her life building creative capacity across business and community that results in real and positive change.
With qualifications in education, science, research, visual arts and neuroscience, she combines these disciplines to support individuals and organisations to develop their creative skillsets, by identifying and creating the conditions that enhance creativity.
What you will learn
- How to use a creative mindset to enhance your current role or a seek out a new role
- You'll identify the indicators that show an organisation values creative approaches, and why this is important in both supporting staff as well as bringing a unique product and service to the market
- You'll understand the important role intrinsic motivation plays in your response to workplace creativity, explore your own attitude to this and the transformational and guiding role managers can play to foster a more a creative workplace environment.
What you will get
- 1 hour video
- A Program Booklet that includes a comprehensive summary of each video transcript, source references, additional resources, and a reflective activity.
What to bring
- Your interest to learn!
What to wear
No lab coat needed - Just come casual
No prerequisites, just a keen interest in creativity, education, and contemporary science.
The Creative Catalyst has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
- Refund and transfer requests.
For all Online-Zoom/ Face to face programs, refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 14 days of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, The Creative Catalyst requires at least 15 days notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise. Refunds will not be provided for on demand products once these have been shipped.
- Partial refunds. The Creative Catalyst has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. The Creative Catalyst does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with The Creative Catalyst to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by The Creative Catalyst, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at The Creative Catalyst or organised by The Creative Catalyst must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by The Creative Catalyst
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give The Creative Catalyst unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at The Creative Catalyst classes and events or on The Creative Catalyst premises. (For use of The Creative Catalyst marketing materials).
The Creative Catalyst requires 14 days notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by The Creative Catalyst, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.