Do you find it hard to create the perfect pipable buttercream frosting? Never used fondant icing in your life but want to create cupcake masterpieces? Then this workshop is for you.
This is a 2 hour hands-on workshop where you will learn the hidden tips and tricks that will make your next cupcake or cake too pretty to bite into. By the end of the workshop you'll be taking home 6 amazing cupcakes that you would have decorated with your own bare hands.
There are two components to the workshop that we'll be focusing on:
1. Fondant Icing
We'll show you just how easy it is to use fondant icing, from colouring it to creating roses. You will be part of an interactive and hands on workshop with step by step demonstrations that will allow you to create your own fondant masterpieces.
2. Buttercream Frosting
You'll learn the absolute essentials in creating that perfect, fluffy buttercream you have always dreamed of. From there you will learn how to fill a piping bag yourself and experiment with an assortment of piping tips. You'll have 4 different buttercreams to work with including: Vanilla, Belgian Chocolate, Strawberry and Blue Vanilla.
What you'll get:
- 6 cupcakes (3 vanilla and 3 chocolate) that you'll get to decorate and take home in one of our signature boxes
- Our fluffly buttercream frosting recipe
We will be there for you to pick our brains and finally solve those decorating disasters. We also don't like running boring classes where you'll fall asleep listening to a boring teacher do the demonstrations and spitting out theory. This is the most awesome workshop and you'll feel EXCITED to be part of it. Oh did we mention that you get to do it all inside our most amazing kitchens? Yes, you'll feel like you're part of the Cupcake Central team on the day.
By the end of this class you'll be decorating like a pro!
Class duration: 2 hours.
- Learn how to create the fluffiest, tastiest frosting known to human mouths
- Learn how to use multiple piping tips and frost like a pro!
- Learn how to use fondant icing, colour it and create 3D roses, use different cutters and more
- 6 cupcakes - 3 Vanilla Vanilla and 3 Devil's Food Chocolate
- Our fluffy buttercream frosting recipe
- A camera or camera phone to document your experience
- Hair tie if you have long hair
- Everything else is provided for you on the day - from aprons to pens.
- Wear comfortable flat shoes. Open toe is ok.
Casual wear with long hair tied up and comfy flat shoes
Vendor sincce 2012
Hatching That Dream
Cupcake Central is a Melbourne-based company that currently has three stores: Hawthorn, Melbourne Central, and Highpoint. We are the only cupcake bakery that honestly bakes fresh every morning at 4:00 a.m. -- and from scratch using real ingredients (no packet mix, shortening, or nasty preservatives).
An obsession that started on a trip almost nine years ago has grown into years of baking and perfecting the good old cupcake. Losing her job during the GFC in 2009 made Sheryl realise even more that she wanted to follow her dream of opening up a cupcake bakery.
Since hatching that dream, Sheryl has absolutely loved to share what she knows with anyone that loves cupcakes. She hopes to continue teaching everyone how easy it is to bake cupcakes - from scratch - starting with Cupcake Central's very own "Hatch That Dream Cookbook", now available at our website, www.cupcakecentral.com.au
With a team of bakers, we'll be teaching you all the pro tips and tricks so that you cake also Bake like a Boss at home.
- For refunds on booked spots please ensure you contact Sheryl (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the store on 03 9077 4542 at least 48 hours prior to the class. We normally book out weeks in advance and sometimes have a waiting list.
- Unfortunately for bookings that are cancelled under 48 hours we will not be able to provide refunds, we can possibly look to move your class to another date.
- Workshop times are just an indication only, you may finish before or after the finishing time.
- All Masterclasses do not include the cupcake recipes as Cupcake Central's cook book is currently in publishing and due out in March 2013. All past attendees will be notified of when the book will be released.
- Cupcake Central will attempt to contact you on your mobile if you do not show up on the day. Unfortunately we will not be able to refund your spot if you come late or fail to attend on the day. A reminder email will be sent out a day prior to workshop date.
- Vouchers for the various workshops can be redeemed by the gift bearer when they wish to book themselves in.
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash and they last a year from the date of purchase.