If you've got blacksmithing down pat, maybe it's time to take your tinkering to your backyard and build your own gas furnace? In this intensive one day course Matt Mewburn will show budding smiths how to build and test their own gas forging furnace. The furnace can be used at home for blacksmithing work, heat-treating, non-ferrous casting work or for making Damascus steel.
Gift vouchers are posted using Regular post. If you have purchased a gift voucher and would like Express Post, this will incur an extra fee. To arrange Express Post please call Catalina on 0434 941 761.
Duration: 8 Hours
- Students will build and test their own gas furnace
- How to cut, line, weld and plumb an old LPG gas bottle
- Ready to use forging furnace for blacksmithing work, heat-treating, non-ferrous casting work or for making your own Damascus steel.
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher
- Materials provided
- Safety gear: leather blacksmithing aprons, eye protection and ear plugs
- Just yourself!
- Morning tea and lunch
Enclosed shoes (preferably work-boots), natural fibre pants and long sleeved shirt
Smiths with basic blacksmithing experience. Hobby blacksmiths.
Vendor sincce 2016
Learn the metal arts at Eveleigh Works in Redfern, Sydney. Get your hands dirty with our short courses in blacksmithing, knife and tool-making. Courses for newbies and old hands, instructed by practicing craftspeople within the heritage workshop of an 1880s locomotive factory.