Book one of our Gelato Appreciation Classes and join us for part gelato making class, part info session, part science lesson, and part gelato degustation with our chefs. By visiting MESSINA HQ, you’ll get to see what goes on behind the scenes, meet our chefs and we’ll let you in on a few of our gelato secrets.
- You'll head straight to MESSINA HQ ready for appreciating a lot of gelato
- We’ll tell you the Messina story, a little history about us, how we got into the gelato business and what makes us a little different to other gelato pushers.
- Now it gets good – our chefs will show you HOW WE MAKE OUR GELATO while letting you in on some Messina secrets about how we make our gelato taste so good. And of course…you get to try everything they make.
- During the class you will be served a 4 course GELATO DEGUSTATION – a menu created especially for each class. We like to get creative, so these are pretty special – you won’t get to try them anywhere else!
- Next, one of our dashing pastry chefs will show you how we make a GELATO CAKE, and yes – you guessed it, you get to eat it!
- When class is over, the gluttony really begins when you’ll get free reign of our gelato cabinets. You can try as many flavours in the cabinet as you can handle – time permitting, see if you can get through all 40 flavours.
- At the end, we roll you out with a tub of gelato to take home so you can go home and really do a number on yourself!
PRETTY SURE YOU SHOULDN’T EAT BREKKIE. GO AHEAD IF YOU THINK YOU CAN HANDLE IT.
**Allergies - we're afraid we can't cater for specific allergies at our classes - feel free to let us know in your booking, and we'll do our best to accomodate, but it can't be guaranteed**
- How we make gelato cakes and yes – you guessed it, you get to eat it!
- How we make our gelato & why it tastes so good!
- If you have the skills + stamina to try all 40 flavours in our gelato cabinet
- Exclusive access to the Messina factory
- A new found knowledge of how we make gelato at Messina
- Tub of gelato to take home
- 4 course gelato degustation during the class - each menu is created especially for each class
- Just your appetite for gelato!
Casual (loose pants might be a good idea)
Gelato lovers and the gelato-curious
Vendor sincce 2015
We make gelato, it's pretty good.
At Gelato Messina our job is to make people happy. Yes we make amazing gelato with the very best, real ingredients. And yes our gelato cakes are weird and wonderful, but it’s all in the name of putting a smile on someone’s face.
We’re passionate (verging on obsessive) about the creative process. Whether it’s coming up with new flavours or a music playlist for the stores, we throw ourselves into it because that’s what we love.
How would they have made it 100 years ago?
When we make gelato at Messina, we ask ourselves one simple question: “How would they have made it 100 years ago?” The answer is simple – use ingredients in their raw and most natural form and make everything from scratch. ‘Ready made’ ingredients including colourings, flavourings, preservatives and pastes have no place at Messina.
From the meticulous roasting and endless grind of pistachios, to the baking of our own apple pies and brownies, or to the sweet smell of stewed spiced rhubarb, absolutely everything is made lovingly in-house by our little team of mad professors. By using real ingredients, we achieve full bodied texture and flavour in our gelato. Our dairy flavours have low fat content because we use less cream, and our sorbets are completely fat free, dairy free and full of fruit.
Want to find out what goes on behind the scenes at Messina?
Book one of our Gelato Appreciation Classes or brand new Hands On Classes below and join us at Messina HQ in Sydney for a class at COOL SCHOOL. We couldn’t think of a better way to spend your Saturday morning…
For any cancelations made within 3 weeks of the bookings, no refunds will be possible. Cancellations made outside this period will be fully refunded.
Any cancelations made within 3 weeks of the bookings, no refunds will be possible.
Cancellations made outside this period will be fully refunded.