The class is designed to help you to improve your skills in night photography. In this class, we will work on capturing the skyline of Melbourne CBD from St Kilda's pier. We will learn about composing strong images, speak about how to create striking pictures, and of course about technique. As the light goes down, it is not always easy to get sharp images! But more importantly, we will discuss what makes a good photograph.
- If you are a newbie to photography, and would like to improve your night pictures in a friendly, not-too-technical environment, this is the class for you!
- If you are more advanced in photography, we will focus on your challenges, and work on your creativity. When technique is not really a problem anymore, it is about creating yourself as a photographer, and this requires time and dedication.
The class is always composed of small groups: 5 participants maximum. Like this everyone can ask questions, and there is plenty of time one-by-one with the teacher. Your teacher take the time to individualise the content, and adapt to the audience. Beginners work on something specific, while more advanced students study other topics. It is all about YOU, and your needs.
The class lasts for 2 hours, going from theory to practice, to train your eye and help you become a better photographer. The next day, you receive two ebooks via email: a general booklet to inspire you to create more beautiful images, and motivate you to get out there with your camera; and a second booklet that is always different. I summarize everyone's questions (it can be about the technique, the composition, the creativity...), and give simple answers. This is the best way to make the most of the class.
Ready? Let's go and shoot!
- Compose stunning pictures
- Use your camera in M-mode
- Expose your images correctly in low light
- 2 Ebooks on how to capture better landscape photography. The first one offers general content on landscape photography, the second one is personalized by the teacher after every class to answer everyone's questions.
- Have fun while learning how to create stunning pictures
- Know your camera better and make the most of it
- Boost your creativity
- Your DSLR
- An empty SD card
- A full battery
- A tripod (if you don't have any, let me know in an email)
- A wide-angle lens and a telephoto lens
- A positive attitude and an open mind!
It might get a bit chilly, so bring a windproof jacket and a jumper!
Anyone with a camera!
Julie Abreu Photography requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Julie Abreu Photography to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Julie Abreu Photography or organised by Julie Abreu Photography must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Julie Abreu Photography.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Julie Abreu Photography unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Julie Abreu Photography classes and events or on Julie Abreu Photography's premises. (For use of Julie Abreu Photography marketing materials).
Julie Abreu Photography requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.