Indonesian Banquet Cooking Class
If you have holidayed in Bali, you’ll know how mouth-wateringly delicious Indonesian cuisine is. At this class you will learn to create a “Rijsttafel” (Rice Table) – a banquet of authentic Indonesian dishes. Joining this class will be Dutch-Indonesian Paul Rast (as seen on SBS Food Safari), who will be sharing his Mother’s and Grandmother’s closely guarded recipes.
- Chicken Saté with Peanut Sauce
- Beef Rendang
- Stir-Fried Green Beans in Coconut Milk
- Sweet and Spicy Tempeh
- Nasi Goreng
- Indonesian Cucumber Salad
- Lemongrass Infused Steamed Jasmine Rice
- Black Sticky Rice with Seasonal Fruit and Coconut Cream
A life’s a feast cooking class is more than just a cooking lesson: in addition to learning to prepare a selection of sumptuous dishes, you will increase your kitchen skills and culinary knowledge AND enjoy the feast of your creation with wine, in a relaxed and fun environment.
Set on the edge of beautiful Noosa National Park, our cooking classes are interactive, hands-on and a heap of fun. We limit numbers to 10 participants so everyone is involved, which means you get the chance to prepare and cook all the dishes - you’ll come away knowing you can recreate the dishes at home because you’ve done each and every step.
Once the dishes are prepared, feast on the fruits of your labour with your fellow class mates and enjoy a generous sit down meal, a couple of glasses of wine and some sparkling conversation.
We have been operating for over 10 years and are proud to hold a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2016 and 2017, as well as recently winning the Tourism Noosa Customer Service Award. We are genuinely passionate about food and cooking, and our prime objective is for you to be inspired and to ignite your passion for food whilst having fun in the process. At our boutique cooking school, we use fresh, quality, local produce.
Classes are suitable for all levels of cooking skills. Ingredients, equipment (including aprons), lunch and wine are all provided - you only need bring your enthusiasm and a healthy appetite!
What you will learn
- Create a “Rijsttafel” (Rice Table) – a banquet of authentic Indonesian dishes.
- Learn about Indonesian ingredients and cooking techniques.
- Be inspired and become more confident in the kitchen.
What you will get
- Café quality coffee, tea and freshly baked muffins upon arrival.
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher.
- All ingredients and equipment provided (including aprons).
- A folder containing recipes and class notes to take home.
- A 5-hour culinary experience with no more than 10 participants in a relaxed and fun environment.
- $15 discount on your next class.
- A full sit-down meal with 2 glasses of quality wine.
There is a parking area at the rear of the driveway, or alternatively there is ample street parking.
What to bring
- Only your enthusiasm and a healthy appetite!
What to wear
Casual with comfortable shoes
Classes are suitable for all levels of cooking skills.
What we do
Life’s A Feast offers interactive, hands-on Cooking Classes designed to increase your culinary skills and food knowledge, and ignite your passion for food, cooking and entertaining.
Based in beautiful Noosa on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, our goal is for you to derive pleasure from food and cooking and create crowd-pleasing cuisine. We are passionate about all things culinary and are committed to you expanding your knowledge whilst having fun in the process.
Our cooking school was established in 2007 and since then we have taught, inspired, entertained and indulged thousands of participants.
Life's A Feast has received many awards, including Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, been featured on Channel 7's Great South East, in Lonely Planet and numerous other publications.
In addition we conduct Noosa Farmers’ Market Tours where you will discover this treasure trove of the finest and freshest Sunshine Coast produce.
About Gail Rast
Gail, our cooking teacher, is passionate about food and cooking, and her knowledge and many years of experience ensures you will increase your culinary skills and knowledge as well as draw inspiration and joy from all things food.
Our food philosophy is simple: Easy, Impressive, Delicious. Life’s A Feast is of the belief that food and cooking is one of the great pleasures of life, that a shared meal brings people together, and the ultimate compliment you can pay someone is to prepare them a meal from the heart. It is our experience that many people associate cooking and entertaining with stress, hard work and very little reward. But it doesn’t have to be that way – we believe that preparing a meal should be a joyous experience, not a chore. In line with this philosophy, our original recipes and menus have been developed with the following in mind:
1. High “wow” factor, low effort
2. Use of quality ingredients – seasonal and local wherever possible.
3. Recipes are all designed to be easy to follow and prepare, so you will easily be able to recreate them at home.
Cancellations & Refunds
If the organiser cancels the class:
You are entitled to a full refund.
If you can't attend the class:
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
1. All bookings are non-refundable. If you are unable to attend your booked class, you must notify us at least 7 days before your class date to change to another class, the date of which must be within 12 months of original booking date. If notice of cancellation is given less than 7 days but more than 48 hours before your class date, a $50 per person fee to reschedule the class shall apply. If notice of cancellation is given within 48 hours of your class date, the full amount of the class will be forfeited and no option to reschedule will be available. You may send another participant in your place if you are unable to attend your booked class.
2. Subject to the terms and conditions outlined in point 1 above, you may reschedule your cooking class once at no charge, however each additional rescheduling will incur a $50 per person fee.
3. Life’s A Feast reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient numbers or if unforeseen circumstances arise. Customers will be notified of any cancellations at least 48 hours before the class. If this occurs, the customer is entitled to transfer to another class of equal value, and has 12 months from the date of cancellation to do this.
4. The menus on the Life’s A Feast website are examples only and are subject to change due to seasonal variations and availability of produce.
5. We are unable to modify our menus or substitute ingredients to cater for specific dietary constraints.
6. Participants indemnify Life’s A Feast against any responsibility for accident, loss or injury suffered during classes.
7. The consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted before or during practical cooking classes. For the safety of the individual and others, persons deemed to be intoxicated will not be allowed to participate in a class.
8. As we are neither licensed nor insured for takeaway, no food is to leave the premises.
More From Life's A Feast
Moroccan Magic Cooking ClassMoroccan Magic Cooking ClassNoosaville, QLD
Other classes you might like
Thermomix: Features you may have missedThermomix: Features you may have missed
AU$0.00Live via Zoom
Learn How to Bake Alfajores BiscuitsLearn How to Bake Alfajores Biscuits
from AU$99.00Live via ZoomFri, 16 Jun 6:30PM (AEST) (+6 more)Accepts private bookings
Cookidoo - Shopping Features (save time & money)Cookidoo - Shopping Features (save time & money)
AU$0.00Live via ZoomThu, 01 Jun 7:30PM (AEST)
Cookie Masterclass - Online course and ZoomCookie Masterclass - Online course and Zoom
AU$22.00Live via ZoomSun, 25 Jun 12:00PM (AEST)
Thank you so much for your review Tim - I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your cooking class. It was lovely to have you at our cooking school and hope to see you in another cooking class soon.
Thank you so much for your review Lyn. Really happy that you enjoyed your cooking class and look forward to seeing you in another class in the future.