The Little Veggie Patch Co and A bit of a Pickle & Jam have a lot in common. Both are local Melbourne businesses that are crazy about good seasonal produce and both have a passion for sharing these food experiences. So it seems only natural to come together and teach how to grow and preserve the food they love to eat!
These workshops are very much hands-on and to the point, with preserving Superwoman, Caroline (formerly of Cunliffe & Waters), showing how to infuse delicious new flavours into old tastes. One of the skills of a seasonal eater is making sure bountiful seasons can be revisited when things get bleak, and this all stinks of good times!
See how the produce is grown and prepared, and then learn her tried and tested recipes for the perfect pickle, jam and sauce. The workshop will wrap up with some cheese, goodies and a drink on us. And you get to take home a cut of the day's work. Oh my sweet pickle!
The classic late summer produce, the tomato. Learn to pickle it green and chutney it red, and have one of the season's greatest flavours last all the way through the winter. Course duration: 2 hours
- Learn how to make your favourite produce last all year long
- Learn how to use condiments in cooking
- Learn the fundamentals of preserving produce
- A jar of both preserves you pickled up in the workshop
- A refreshing drink to cheers your handmade preserves with thanks to Little Creatures
- Lots of love and attention
- Afternoon tea to nibble on - cheese, bread and of course, some preserved goodies
- A seasonal seed packet, to keep you growing and pickling
- Hat and Suncreen
- Your Kitchen Skills - we will be getting a little dirty
Casual wear. Dress for the weather, it gets both very sunny (hat and sunscreen), very cold (jacket and scarf) and sometimes a little wet (raincoat).
Vendor sincce 2013
The Little Veggie Patch Co is a Melbourne-based business dedicated to helping people grow food. Its our aim to put the fun back into growing fruit and vegetables. No matter how much or how little space you have, whether it's in the sprawling suburbs or an inner-city high rise, the Little Veggie Patch team will have you growing your own food in no time.