Parents save your hard earned cash and decorate your homes with masterpieces created by your own children, instead of going out to buy expensive art. This 2.5 hour explosion of colour, art, music with an African dance workshop will be held at Amanda Jean's Art Studio and will be facilitated by two very talented artists; Amanda Jean and Watiri Boylen .This is a hands-on workshop in a safe, nurturing and fun environment. The children will be guided and taught the basic skills and techniques of acrylic painting and African Mehndi designs, that will be unleashed creatively through painting and designing an African animal on canvas. In addition, they will learn a traditional African cultural dance and song. Refreshments and light snacks will be provided. We accommodate children with disabilities.
- Students will learn the skills and techniques of acrylic painting and African mehndi design. The students will learn the basic steps of African cultural dance dance as well as a cultural song .
- Social bonds and friendships, encouraged creativity, acceleration of cognitive abilities and good physical health through dance.
- Students get satisfaction and competence in taking home a completed artwork on canvas.
- Enjoyable and therapeutic time creating art in a group setting and the benefits of physical activity through dance.
There are two parts to the house. Amandas Jean's Studio is in Unit 2, so drive down the driveway to the back of the property and there is plenty of parking there.
- All workshop materials will be provided. Bring yourself and a friend.
Weather appropriate, casual, comfy clothing. We will provide aprons.(paints in use).
This workshop will be for ages 5-12, skill level not a prerequisite. Children under the age of five will have to be accompanied by an adult.
Vendor since 2016
We’re passionate about what we do and can’t wait to share it with you. Below are some of our workshops and classes on offer. To view available dates, pricing options, book online or purchase gift vouchers for a friend or loved one, please make your selection below and follow the prompts.
Mama Africa Education requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Mama Africa Education to organise a refund or transfer
- No show no refund
- 48 hour notice for cancelation or no refund