The first class will be get to know your machine and learn some basic skills then you can work on your own choice of projects from a list set by the tutor, or a project suitable for your skill level.
You will learn make simple items such as clothing, cushion covers, placemats, bags and scarves. In the process, you will learn how to sew straight seams, how to finish seams, how to insert zippers, how to gather fabric, how to insert elastic, how to bind, how to do simple patchwork and use your creativity to modify patterns for yourself.
- Learn to use a sewing machine to create your own items.
- Confidence in using a sewing machine.
- Great projects that you can use or give as gifts.
- Guaranteed fun times with other like minded people.
- Sewing Machine (contact us if you need to hire one)
- matching thread
- basic sewing kit - scissors, pins, tape measure
Adult 18 years and over Beginners
Vendor since 2017
Meraki Cottage provides classes for children and adults in many areas of handcraft, in particular, sewing. The name Meraki was chosen because it is a Greek word meaning to do something with love, passion or soul.
Meraki Cottage is owned and run by me, Kathryn. I am a registered teacher who loves learning and craft, so putting these two together and delivering them with passion, will mean that a little bit of my soul is in every class I teach.