Each month there will be a different style of patchwork taught.
You will learn make simple patchworked items such as lap sized quilts, cushion covers, placemats, bags and table runners. Some of the topics will include: perfect pointy corners, jelly rolls, traditional, applique, half square triangles, disappearing nine patch, quilt as you go, and many others.
This class is turning a jelly roll (or part of it) into a table runner.
- To use your own creativity in choosing colours.
- Introductory knowledge of differing patchwork types.
- Introductory knowledge of quilting.
- Projects you can use or give as gifts.
- A fun filled time with like minded people.
- Sewing machine and sewing kit, matching thread.
- One jelly roll or matching fabric precut into 2.5 inch strips (16 required)
- min 12 inch by 60 inch wadding and backing fabric.
Casual comfy clothing.
Sewers who are confident using their own machine.
Vendor sincce 2017
Meraki Cottage provides classes for children and adults in many areas of handcraft, in particular, sewing. The name Meraki was chosen because it is a Greek word meaning to do something with love, passion or soul.
Meraki Cottage is owned and run by me, Kathryn. I am a registered teacher who loves learning and craft, so putting these two together and delivering them with passion, will mean that a little bit of my soul is in every class I teach.