Saturday Wheel Throwing,
A four-week course, once a week on Saturday afternoon, designed to give you an overview of the ceramic process. The basics of throwing trimming and glazing will be taught. This is an ALL-COST INCLUDED course. ie All your tools, clay, glazes, and firings are included in the price of your course.
What you will learn
- You will attempt the basics of throwing : Wedging centering, and pulling up in the first few weeks, creating cyclindrical pots. Following this you will learn basic trimming ,cleaning up the bottom of your pots. more throwing techniques will be taught allowing you to create bowls and these will also be trimmed at the leather hard stage creating a foot ring on each if desired. A variety of decorating processes will be incorporated and finally you will glaze all you pieces. s
What you will get
- Between 6 to eighteen glazed pots and a sense of achievement
What to bring
- Your enthusiasm! first and bring an apron/oldshirt too
What to wear
Casual (Warning: this might get messy)
Adults wanting to learn something new
Muddy Girl Studio is the ceramic studio of potter and teacher Claire Johnson. It is a boutique-style school, set in an idyllic location at the foot of the Dandenong. We only run small classes with a maximum of seven students ensuring you get the attention needed to grasp the fundamentals of throwing on the pottery wheel. The current team consists of teachers Claire, Alli, Linda, and Jess well as several dedicated volunteers.
Claire has worked in the ceramic industry for the past 20 years. Initially working as a facilitator of children’s clay activities for Clayplay Inc. She worked for commercial manufacturers such as Robert Gordon Australia and Clayworks Potters Supply as a technician and has undertaken freelance commissions from companies such as TXU and Heatmaster. She worked for Northcote Pottery Supplies in their education program for six years before setting up her own school in her home studio.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
By proceeding with a booking you agree to:
1. LIABILITY WAIVER
Take full responsibility for any damages to property or personal injuries which may occur while participating in classes and/or events organized by Muddy Girl Studio
2. That no transfers or refunds are available after the cut-off period (7 days prior to class commencing) for any reason including ill health such as Covid.