Pottery Classes for Beginners
Our Pottery Tutor Jackie George has prepared some online pottery classes for you to do at home during these current COVID-19 restrictions. Your pottery kit can be delivered (yours to keep) and you can follow these classes at your leisure.
Our Beginners Class is easy to follow and you can stop/start/rewind to suit your own pace.
Our Intermediate Class increases the difficulty as you progress through the various pieces.
You can bring your finished pieces to Oak Hill Gallery to be bisque fired when we have COVID-19 restrictions lifted.
Discount Vouchers for bisque firing are available $5 per kg (usually $9 per kg)
Discount Vouchers for additional clay $15 per 10kg (usually $20 per 10kg)
Delivery Vouchers $15 per 5kg parcel
What you will learn
- In this beginners class you will learn how to make a variety of basic pottery bowls
What you will get
- You will receive your own Pottery Tool Kit to keep and 5kg clay, more clay can be purchased at any time.
What to bring
- Your interest to learn!
What to wear
You can wear your pyjamas if you want as you will be doing this class at home!
Open to everyone interested +4 - 95 years of age!
We have an intermediate class available if you want more clay fun.
Oak Hill Community Arts Co-operative Ltd is a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers under the direction of a Board of Directors, and operates Oak Hill Community Gallery as a community access ‘space-for-hire’ showcase of affordable art. There are artists’ studios (previously farm outbuildings) situated in the landscaped grounds.
We offer the public and art lovers alike the opportunity to appreciate a wide variety of styles from the traditional to contemporary, the conventional to the absurd. Oak Hill Community Gallery exhibits works by professional and up-and-coming artists with exhibitions held on a monthly basis. Our aim is to encourage and host new moves of art while continuing to embrace and respect the ancestry of art.
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd or organised by Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd classes and events or on Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd premises. (For use of Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd marketing materials).
Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.