Barista // Essential Skills To Get Your First Job
(Private Dates Available)
This course is a 6 hour extensive two part workshop providing the necessary skills to go and get a job in a cafe.
Our Sydney Cafe Managers Alex Murfet & Jason Gao will equip you with the technical skills to competently operate an espresso machine. The variables are endless, however, there are three main areas to focus on that can make or break a coffee from cup to cup; Coffee Extractions, Milk Steaming/Pouring & Cafe Workflow
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of the correct way to perform these skills, the foundations of espresso extraction theory, machine & grinder cleaning, and the essentials for great cafe workflow and hospitality.
The course is designed for people who are looking to get their first job making coffee, and will have a jam packed a day full of learning & growth.
- Introduction to the machine and grinder, safety warnings & how to achieve consistency with manual grinding & free-pouring shots
- Analysing the correct espresso volume, time, dose, aroma, taste & colour
- Correct dosing, distribution & tamping
- Fundamentals of espresso extraction theory.
- Break down our two-stage approach of how to achieve silky milk
- Learn the mechanics to free-pour all your coffees to get the correct depths of foam & ideal ‘canvas’.
- Ideal cleaning procedures for best flavour
- Foundations of great cafe workflow and hospitality.
All classes are limited to 4 participants & you will receive a Certificate of Achievement at the completion of the class. If you would like to run a group session of more than four please contact email@example.com and we can arrange something special for you.
Non - English Courses // Our courses are primarily facilitated in English, however our team may be able to arrange a private session of 2 or more in alternative languages. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
What you will learn
- The necessary skills needed to start working as a barista
What you will get
- You will receive an Electronic Certificate of Achievement at the completion of the class.
What to wear
Casual and closed in shoes.
People with limited to no barista experience and those wanting to get a job as a barista
ONA Coffee Sydney is a showcase coffee bar of Australian specialty coffee roaster, ONA Coffee.
Founded in 2008 by former World Barista Champion, Saša Šestic, ONA Coffee is dedicated to sharing amazing coffees from around the world, as well as the incredible stories and experiences of the people who grow them. We aim to transform the process of drinking coffee into an unforgettable experience.
ONA Coffee Sydney's training curriculum utilises the incredible baristas you see in store everyday to create informative and educational experiences that will lift your coffee making & tasting skills to the next level, no matter what stage you're at.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$7.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Please allow a minimum of 48 hours' prior to course commencement to transfer or cancel your course attendance, or you will forfeit your full course and booking fee.
If you wish to transfer to another course or cancel your booking, you must contact the ONA Sydney Team via email email@example.com more than 48 hours' prior to course commencement, for a course refund (please note you will forfeit the $7 booking fee!!)
More From ONA Coffee Sydney
Sensory // Level 1 // Coffee Evaluation & AnalysisSensory // Level 1 // Coffee Evaluation & Analysis
from AU$330.00Accepts private bookings