Choose from some basic drop and stud earring designs, and spend half a day learning to make them.
Sit at a traditional jeweller’s bench and learn to use precision tools including a jewellers saw, dividers, files, pliers, hammers, punches and more. At the end of this fun class, you’ll take home your pair of handmade sterling silver earrings.
If you would like to make a pair of earrings of your own design, consider enrolling in the full day Design Your Own Silver Earrings Workshop.
No previous experience necessary. All tools and materials (including sterling silver) are provided. Written instructions and afternoon tea are also included.
If you'd like to buy a workshop as a gift but you're not sure what date the recipient will be able to go, you can purchase a Pod Jewellery Gift Certificate. This gives the recipient the flexibility to book into a workshop at a time that suits them.
To find out more about Bec de Podolinsky and Pod Jewellery, visit podjewellery.com.au
- Cutting out shapes with a jewellers saw
- To make earring hooks and posts.
- Filing, polishing and finishing. Applying textures and different surfaces to the metal.
- All tools, equipment and materials including sterling silver are provided
- Hands on tuition in a small group.
- A delicious morning and afternoon tea.
- Unlimited tea/coffee.
- Written instructions, so you can make more pieces of jewellery.
- A list of suppliers including where to buy precious metal and tools.
- A list of jewellers tools used in the workshop. Pod Jewellery students receive a 12.5% discount on tools.
- The satisfaction of being able to say you made it yourself!
- A 10% discount on selected local accommodation, when completing a workshop.
- Notepad and pen
- Reading glasses if you wear them
- An apron
Clothing made from natural fibres (where possible). Long hair will need to be tied back.
16-100 years of age. No experience necessary.
Vendor since 2017
Pod Jewellery is designed and handcrafted by Victorian Goldsmith Bec de Podolinsky. The Pod Jewellery Studio is located high on a hill overlooking Mount Macedon and Hanging Rock near Kyneton in central Victoria.
Bec designs and creates unique pieces of contemporary jewellery using platinum, gold, silver, copper and brass. She also teaches jewellery making and make your own wedding ring workshops, along with offering private tutoring.
Workshops are held in the new fully equipped Pod Jewellery studio, which features an ultrasonic cleaner, tumbler, flypress, dapping sets, setting plates, swage blocks, rolling mill, hand drills, disc cutters, Orca and Smith Little torches with soldering and melting attachments, ingot moulds, silversmithing stakes, draw bench with a range of plates, bangle and ring mandrels, a guillotine, shears, and large circle cutter for making bowls and vessels.
All benches are fitted with the GRS system with interchangeable saw plates and wooden bench pegs attachments. Setting and soldering attachments are also available.
Workshops are held all year round.
For more information about Bec de Podolinsky, visit podjewellery.com.au
Places are strictly limited on all workshops and courses. Any cancellation after payment has been made, will incur a $100 cancellation fee. The remainder of your workshop fee will be refunded. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your workshop booking to another person (for the same workshop dates only). If the workshop does not run and is cancelled by us, 100% of your workshop fees are refundable.
There are no refunds for students cancelling within 72 hours of the start of the workshop.