What: Macrame Plant Hanger Workshop
When: Tuesday 11th December 2018, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing table of local food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
Join us for a knotty morning, learning the ins and outs of Macrame! We will be learning some basic knots through to more complex knots for those with previous knotting experience.
We welcome you to choose from an array of natural and fair trade ropes and cords to create your very own unique hanger.
If you have a plant, special pot, small terrarium or vase in mind that you would like to use in your hanger then please bring it along!
We will have a selection of pots and plants for you to use in your macrame as well as some extra special planters and plants with the option for purchase at the event.
At the end of class you get to take home your knotted creation and pot plant ready for hanging!
All materials are provided, feel free to bring along any special plant or pot you may like to use.
Enjoy our relaxing, cosy studio and take time for you to be creative and mindful.
Roz Slade is a Melbourne based textile designer and maker, the founder of Be Kind Textiles who loves exploring the connection people have with textiles and sharing her appreciation for the hand-crafts with others.
After graduating Textile Design and Development at RMIT where she majored in weave and printmaking, she stepped away from the outward pressure put on her to create wasteful products using materials and supply chains with questionable ethics. She now prefers a slower more thoughtful design process
Spending the next few years exploring every craft within her reach in her own personal practice she is sharing her results and a lifelong love of art and textiles with willing students.
Roz teaches textile based workshops around Melbourne and Regional Victoria, hosted by a variety of organisations and venues, combining her love and knowledge of textiles with the therapeutic act of hand-making.
Her label Be Kind Textiles is about what she loves doing most, creating thoughtful quality products, while using sustainable methods, ethically sourcing materials and being kind to the earth.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are a 5 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside! Doors open at the start time. If you happen to arrive earlier, explore one of the many great venues on our door step in the bustling hub of High Street. We look forward to seeing you
- How to choose and source appropriate rope or cord
- How to create different hanging styles and designs
- Various macrame knots
- Choice of various natural, fairtrade ropes & cordage to use during the class
- Your finished macrame plant hanger
- Information on where to source materials to continue at home
- A pot/planter and plant for your macrame hanger
- Wine and tea
- A delicious, seasonal grazing table of local and native foods to nibble on over the course of the evening.
- Optional: If you have a plant, special pot, small terrarium or vase in mind that you would like to use in your hanger then please bring it along
Anything You Fancy
Anyone and everyone is welcome!
Vendor since 2015
Put Your Heart Into It is a collaborative team hosting insightful and creative events and workshops in and around Melbourne, Surf Coast and travel all over Australia to host events. Our mission is to create sustainable and eco-conscious experiences that not only inspire but aim to promote a slower lifestyle, where simplicity and community involvement are cultivated as well as nurturing a hands-on approach to getting creative.
Events and workshops are run in ever-changing and intricately styled spaces that are sure to inspire and promote creativity. Each experience offers you the chance to meet some incredible new people, graze on delicious, sustainable and locally sourced produce as well as gaining a wealth of knowledge to set you on your path to creativity.
Our team includes an array of artists and professionals that have worked within their fields of expertise for many years, so as to offer you the best knowledge possible. We love collaborating with non for profit and ethically minded businesses, community groups and schools and can customise a creative event or workshop to suit your needs.
Experiences can be as simple or complex as required and we can offer a diverse range of disciplines and creative pursuits. The Put Your Heart Into It team can create an all-round experience that will leave everyone feeling inspired. For more information on our workshops and events, as well as tailored experiences, please get in touch.
We also offer eco-conscious event planning services, customised hens parties, workshops for corporates and birthdays. As well as our popular catering service of intricately styled grazing tables of local & organic produce, wedding and event styling including floristry installations.
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.