Learn to use a variety or acrylic mediums and techniques to achieve particular effects e.g wet on wet, opaque painting, plastic properties, gel medium, retarders and texture paste.
Barbara Bateman is an accomplished artist and one that we have had exhibit with us at Quadrant Gallery before. Barbaras work is widely admired and her style is distinct, to see the range of works she has produced as well as some further information about her see her website here: http://barbarabateman.com/
- Key acrylic painting techniques
- Different painting techniques to achieve specific effects
- An understanding of acrylic painting techniques
- Key knowledge taught from an experienced artist and teacher
- A painting of your own at the end of the class
- Paints: 1.Cadmium Red Medium 2.Orange 3.Cadmium Yellow Light 4.Yellow Ochre 5. Quinacridone Red Violet or Magenta 6. Phthalo Blue (red shade) 7. Ultramarine Blue 8. Raw Umber 9. Lamp or Mars Black 10. Titanium White
- Brushes: No. 3 Round Sable, No. 6 Round Soft Synthetic, No. 10 Flat Soft Synthetic, - 1 Medium Diamond Shaped Painting Knife - A palette, either plastic or paper. - Water Sponge - Old credit card for scraping
- Surfaces: - Watercolour paint sketchbook suitable for acrylic paint - 1 small gesso canvas board (6x8in) - Cotton rags - Ruler - Roll of Gladwrap - 2B lead pencil - Eraser - Scissors/stanley knife - 8 plastic spoons - Several water pots/ plastic cups - 1 hand spray bottle
- Just your interest to learn!
Casual (Warning: This might get messy)
This class is suitable for any skill level.
Vendor since 2017
Quadrant Gallery is a contemporary art gallery located in Hawthorn. The gallery has a lovely ambience and has very good exposure to Barkers Road, with close proximity to nearby restaurants and cafes. We are located near the corner of Church Street and opposite the Kew Tram Depot.
Our aim is to show an exciting, interesting mix of art in all mediums and to promote and nurture the artists represented by the gallery, we will provide the best atmosphere in which to present the works of a stimulating and innovative range of artists and curators.
The whole gallery provides approx. 42 lm of hanging space including the movable wall. This space can be divided into 3 areas as required for exhibitions. The average ceiling height is 2.8m. We also have excellent systems for hanging, lighting and sound, which enhance each exhibition.
Quadrant Gallery requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Quadrant Gallery to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Quadrant Gallery or organised by Quadrant Gallery must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Quadrant Gallery.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Quadrant Gallery unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Quadrant Gallery classes and events or on Quadrant Gallery's premises. (For use of Quadrant Gallery marketing materials).
Quadrant Gallery requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.