Rest in Pieces invites you to attend Australia's first skeletal articulation workshop.
Gerard Geer one of Australia's leading skeletal artists has joined the R.I.P team and will take you on a very special exploration into skeletal articulation.
The 2 Day Workshop runs from 2.00pm - 8.00pm on Saturday 27th July & 10.00am - 7.00pm on 28th July.
Throughout the 2 day workshop you will get hands on with the process of skinning and articulation, as well as attend an informative seminar on specimen cleaning and preservation.
At the end of the 2 day workshop, you will walk away with an insight into this fascinating art and you will each have a gorgeous mounted mouse skeleton housed in a glass dome.
Everything will be supplied over the 2 days including the mice, tools, glass dome, apron, lunch, snacks, and wine.
No previous taxidermy or skeletal articulation experience is necessary to attend this class.
Would you like to book a take home kit?
Workshop + Full Kit contains the following:
- Frozen mouse
- Tools for skinning and skeletal articulation
- Products for cleaning and preserving your specimen
- Beginners Dermestid Colony Kit (Including approximately 40 live specimens of assorted growth stages)
- List of instructions used during the 2-day workshop
If you are flying from interstate and have bought the full take home kit you will need to have checked in luggage and enough room in your suitcase for the kit which is 19cm high, 30cm wide and 21cm long
- How to turn a specimen into a beautiful piece of art that is shockingly full of life and character!
- Techniques and processes for skinning, preparing, cleaning, preserving, and articulating a mouse
- How to manage and maintain a Dermestid (flesh eating beetles!!!) colony
- Your own specimen to work on (of course your articulated creation is yours to take home at the end of the workshop!)
- A glass dome to protect your new creation
- All the tools required for the 2-day workshop
- Snacks, lunch, refreshments and wine
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
Dress in layers to suit a Melbourne Warehouse climate
16+ with a curious mind - No previous taxidermy or skeletal articulation skills are needed for this class
Vendor since 2015
Taxidermy - Taxis 'arrangement' + Derma 'skin'
Natalie Delaney-John has traveled far and wide to learn the art of taxidermy and has been mentored by some of the world's best and most awarded taxidermists. She is the proud founder of Rest in Pieces, which launched Australia's first taxidermy workshops, conducts talks and has just released the Revival Kit so that you can learn this beautiful art in the comfort of your own home.
In 2016 the R.I.P team expanded to bring you Skeletal Articulation and Intermediate Taxidermy classes. Next year is set to see the team expand even further with the addition of Death Moth Entomology classes, a Taxidermy Taster class and Advanced classes.