Rest in Pieces invites you to attend this very special, introductory Taxidermy Workshop, which will be held at Work-Shop in Sydney. The course will take you on your own journey into this fascinating art form and will help you come to grips (literally!) with some of the techniques involved in creating taxidermy.
Throughout the day you will learn how to skin and preserve your little rat, as well as how to mount him/her into a beautiful but very greedy cheese fiend. Everything will be supplied on the day including your rat, all the necessary tools, an apron, snacks, lunch, great company, and wine is provided throughout.
Would you like to book a take home kit for $100?
Workshop + kit contains the following:
- Frozen Rat
- Tools for skinning and mounting your specimen
- Products for preservation
- List of instructions used on the day
- Get up close and hands-on with the art of taxidermy.
- How to turn your specimen into a piece of art that is full of life and character!
- The correct technique and process of skinning and preserving and mounting a standing specimen.
- Your own specimen to work on (of course, your creation is yours to take home at the end of the day!)
- Lunch which includes wine
- An amazing experience amongst like-minded people!
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
Dress in layers to suit a Warehouse climate
Adults with a curious mind. If you are under 18 please contact Nat to discuss prior to booking.
Vendor since 2015
Taxidermy - Taxis 'arrangement' + Derma 'skin'
Natalie Delaney-John has traveled far and wide to learn the art of taxidermy and has been mentored by some of the world's best and most awarded taxidermists. She is the proud founder of Rest in Pieces, which launched Australia's first taxidermy workshops, conducts talks and has just released the Revival Kit so that you can learn this beautiful art in the comfort of your own home.
In 2016 the R.I.P team expanded to bring you Skeletal Articulation and Intermediate Taxidermy classes. Next year is set to see the team expand even further with the addition of Death Moth Entomology classes, a Taxidermy Taster class and Advanced classes.