Rest in Pieces invites existing students from the 1-day Beginner Rat Taxidermy class or participants who have completed the DIY Revival Kit to join our 2-day Intermediate Rabbit Workshop.
Throughout the 2-day Workshop (9 - 7pm both Saturday and Sunday) we will lead you further down the taxidermy rabbit hole, building upon and refining your skills in skinning, fleshing, preserving, and mounting a complete specimen. You will also be guided through the traditional torso building technique of soft body wrapping and learn some of the basics of beetle feeding.
At the end of the 2-day workshop, you will walk away with a gorgeous rabbit in your choice of one of three poses: standing, sitting or lying down. You will also have the option of purchasing a Take Home Kit to practice your newly acquired skills in your own time.
As usual, the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimen, apron, food, drinks, and even wine will be provided on the day.
Would you like to book a Take Home Kit?
Workshop + Kit contains the following:
- Frozen Rabbit
- Tools for skinning and mounting your specimen
- Products for cleaning, fleshing, and specimen preparation
- List of instructions used during the 2-day workshop
Please note: if you are flying in from interstate and want a Take Home Kit, you will need to have checked in luggage as many of the sharp items will not be accepted in hand luggage.
- Techniques and processes for skinning, fleshing, preserving, body wrapping and mounting your specimen over 2 days
- Skull cleaning and watch the Dermestid (flesh eating beetles!!!) in action
- Choose to mount your specimen either standing, sitting, or lying down
- Your own specimen to work on
- Create your own beautiful Rabbit from start to finish
- Optional Take Home Kit to work on your skills in your own time
- All the tools required for the 2-day workshop
- Lunch, snacks, refreshments, bubbles and wine
- A full 2-day intermediate experience
- Spend time with like-minded people and a wonderful community
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
Dress in layers to suit a Melbourne Warehouse climate
Existing R.I.P students who have completed the DIY Revival Kit or the Beginner Mouse Taxidermy Class
Vendor since 2015
Taxidermy - Taxis 'arrangement' + Derma 'skin'
Natalie Delaney-John has traveled far and wide to learn the art of taxidermy and has been mentored by some of the world's best and most awarded taxidermists. She is the proud founder of Rest in Pieces, which launched Australia's first taxidermy workshops, conducts talks and has just released the Revival Kit so that you can learn this beautiful art in the comfort of your own home.
In 2016 the R.I.P team expanded to bring you Skeletal Articulation and Intermediate Taxidermy classes. Next year is set to see the team expand even further with the addition of Death Moth Entomology classes, a Taxidermy Taster class and Advanced classes.