The Rest in Pieces Team is coming back to Sydney and we are inviting you to join us for our Baby Chick Taxidermy Workshop!
Throughout the workshop Nat will teach you skills in skinning, fleshing, preserving, and mounting a complete specimen. You will also be guided through the traditional torso building technique of soft body wrapping and learn to preserve the feet with injections.
At the end of the workshop you will walk away with a gorgeous Baby Chick and be given the option to purchase a wooden base or a wooden base and chick-sized dome to mount your specimen from the class on.
And of course we have a take home kit available to purchase so you can practice your newly acquired skills in your own time.
As usual, the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimen, apron, snacks, drinks, and wine will be provided on the day.
Would you like to book a take home kit?
Workshop + Kit contains the following:
- Frozen baby Chick
- Tools for skinning and mounting your specimen
- Products for cleaning, fleshing, and preservation
- Wooden base to mount specimen on (purchase an extra wooden base if you want one for your class specimen to sit on)
- List of instructions from the workshop
Please note: if you are flying in from interstate and want a take home kit, you will need to have checked in luggage as many of the sharp items will not be accepted in hand luggage.
- Techniques and processes for skinning, fleshing, preserving, body wrapping, and mounting a specimen
- How to inject the feet for preservation
- Your own specimen to work on
- Create your own beautiful baby Chick from start to finish
- All the tools required for the full day workshop
- Snacks, refreshments, and wine
- Spend time with like-minded people and a wonderful community
- Camera or camera phone
Dress in layers to suit a Warehouse climate
People over the age of 16 with a curious mind
Vendor since 2015
Taxidermy - Taxis 'arrangement' + Derma 'skin'
Natalie Delaney-John has traveled far and wide to learn the art of taxidermy and has been mentored by some of the world's best and most awarded taxidermists. She is the proud founder of Rest in Pieces, which launched Australia's first taxidermy workshops, conducts talks and has just released the Revival Kit so that you can learn this beautiful art in the comfort of your own home.
In 2016 the R.I.P team expanded to bring you Skeletal Articulation and Intermediate Taxidermy classes. Next year is set to see the team expand even further with the addition of Death Moth Entomology classes, a Taxidermy Taster class and Advanced classes.