In the great tradition of artists working, learning and expressing together, Art Salon offers a space to unwind,relax and dream.
4 week painting /self expression course
Tuesday Nights 6 - 9pm , 10 October- 31
Join artist, designer Sara Thorn in this supportive creative course over 4 weeks.
Come and realise your innate artistic abilities through an Introduction to using water colours & pastels .
Each week new techniques with exercises will be introduced to build your confidence & skills,towards creating your master painting .
At the end of the course you will have improved your skills and created a master painting.This course combines both practical guidance and skill building with a deeper soul searching towards creating an orginal artwork/painting.
Do you have a yearning to paint & express yourself ?Drop into your creativity & take time to enjoy the art of painting? To create a unique painting from your imagination, soul...even if you dont belive you can!
- Gain & build your confidence in your innate creative abilities.
- Learn & develop watercolour painting techniques, including blending, washes,building texture & colour, painting from photos.
- Introduction to working with pastels including blending,building contrast, smudging colour.
- Your own easel.
- Personalised painting, drawing assistance.
- Materials supplied including brushes, watercolours, pencils, pastels, drawing paper.
- Any of your own materials, watercolours,pencils that you would like to work with.
No prior experience required but some experience in drawing or painting an advantage . Suitible for people who have previously lacked confidence in approaching watercolour as an expressive medium.
Vendor sincce 2017
Sara Thorn is an artist, designer of fashion, homewares and textiles. Sara produces her own label featuring her original textiles, and teaches yoga & meditation, with a speciality in Kundalini and Tantra yoga.
Sara has conducted creativity workshops in India, Africa and Indonesia, as well as in Melbourne at CAE, Melbourne Museum and at RMIT. She has exhibited widely both locally & internationally. Her work can be found in the collections of the N.G.V & Powerhouse Museum.
Sara is dedicated to empowering people through self-expression and self-realisation.