Designed to inspire, this workshop will focus on how to take a good portrait with photographer Wendy McDougall. Drawing on over 30 years experience Wendy will use images from her own library to visually present and discuss what it takes to make a great portrait.
Various styles and approaches are discussed and followed-up with hands-on photography experience where you use your own camera to take portraits. During this simple assignment Wendy will guide and offer professional tips.
After the photo shoot download your images then choose your favourite to be viewed and discussed as a group back in the studio.
Hand out notes will be provided.
A basic knowledge of photography and how to use your own camera is essential.
- Bring your own camera and any gear you like to use to shoot outdoors.
- Bring your own laptop with cables to download images for presentation.
- We have a desktop for those that don’t have laptops.
- You may be photographed, so to feel comfortable please wear suitable attire.
- A range of styles and approaches to taking a good portrait shot
- Live tips and advice from a legendary photographer Wendy McDougall
- Learn how to take a good portrait shot
- A series of portrait photos
- Your own camera
- A laptop and connections for uploading your shots (contact us if this isn't possible we can help)
Something you feel comfortable in as you may be a subject for other students
Photography students, photographers, hobbys, artist, professionals
Vendor sincce 2016
Scratch Art Space operates from a warehouse located in Marrickville and has been running since 2002. We're a five studio complex with a streetfront gallery and an upstairs venture space with a diverse range of activities and events.
Our mission is to promote and support unrepresented artists through ongoing studio and gallery programs. Check out our classes and workshops!