In this class, we'll explore beginner-friendly techniques required to draw a face from a photo reference. Absolutely no prior drawing skills necessary. This class will cover:
- Drawing the eyes, nose and mouth
- Facial proportions
- Shade and tone to create realistic forms
- The concept of 'likeness' and how a portrait represents a person
There will be demonstrations and one-on-one guidance throughout the classes. All required drawing materials will be supplied.
This workshop is run by Melbourne artist Sheng Yi Lee, who has been teaching since 2017. You can browse her recent work on Instagram @shengyi.lee.
What you will learn
- Knowledge of facial proportions and how to draw individual features
- How to use shading and tones to create realistic portraits in pencil
What you will get
- All materials provided
What to bring
- (Optional) You can BYO art materials and sketchbook if you prefer to use your own tools
What to wear
Casual dress code
Anyone interested in learning to draw faces
Studio Inqu has an average rating of 4.7 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$5.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Studio Inqu or organised by Studio Inqu must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Studio Inqu
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Studio Inqu unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Studio Inqu classes and events or on Studio Inqu premises. (For use of Studio Inqu marketing materials).