Advanced Wax Carving Build Up Technique Workshop
(Private Dates Available)
This class is for jewellery students and jewellers wishing to take their wax work to the next levels. You will need to have some previous experience of working with wax, casting and finish off to enrol in this class as it only covers wax modelling. If you have never worked with wax you will need to go onto our wax beginners course first.
Using pink wax you will cover techniques on how to build up wax to create a bezels for cabochon stones- with claws and a higher wall model for a push over setting as well as tapered bezels for faceted stones.
Please note- this is not a gem setting class- you will need to know how to set your own gems later, learn to or find a gem setter.
You will follow led examples so that everyone and the teacher makes the same model and then have time to create a models of your own designs.
You will leave with new techniques under your belt as well as instructions to repeat at home and a equipment/suppliers list.
What you will learn
- How to create original wax models for jewellery
What you will get
- Skills, skills and skills. This course is a huge upgrade for your waxwork.
Park and enter the studio from Richardson Street.
Free parking on Richardson street and around. The no. 1 tram goes along Victoria Avenue and walk along Richardson Street.
What to bring
What to wear
Casual clothing and hair tied back
Wax work students
We are a collective of designers and makers curated by Eran Naylor (owner and designer) creating and bringing to you beautiful and organic jewellery, bags and home wares. Our house label of jewellery and bags are made here in our studio. Our inspirations for our collections come from designs and patterns from the old Mesopotamian regions, India and South America, transferring the beauty of older times to bold, classic pieces that can be worn or used with ease today.
We also run a school of craft, where we invite exciting and innovative teachers to come in and teach classes so that you can learn new skills from them. These are run in one of our two beautiful spaces in and around our shop and studio.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A transfer can be requested 1 day before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 1 day before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Upon booking this ticket, it is expected that you:
- Be over 16 years of age
- Are reasonably fit to to take the class
- Turn up in a respectful manner and are respectful to the learning enviroment of the class and to all others present
- You have read and are agreeing to our refund policy
- Are willing to learn
- Will turn up on time, if not, the class will go ahead and the teacher will catch you up at the nearest chance