If Shakespeare feels like a foreign language.....
Fear not, Tamara’s Tuition has designed a three hour workshop just for you.
If you are studying Shakespeare and are in year 11 or 12 this is the workshop to answer all your questions.
Unlock the code and discover the elusive beauty of Shakespeare.
If you are studying Macbeth or Hamlet you need to be at this workshop.
In three hours we will:
- make sense of Shakespeare’s language
- understand the importance of context
- explain the major themes and characterisation
- emulate Shakespeare’s writing for imaginative response assessment
After this workshop you will have the methods to decode Shakespeare and you will feel confident about your assessments.
Participant numbers are limited to ensure students receive individualised attention.
This workshop is led by Tamara Playne, a registered secondary English teacher, experienced in helping students of all levels improve their English.
Students should bring along their current assessment tasks and will work on their assessment on the day.
The workshop will take place at The Space at Wynnum, which is an excellent air-conditioned learning environment.
Duration: 3 Hours
- make sense of Shakespeare’s language and the major themes
- practice writing analytically about Shakespeare for assessment
- emulate Shakespeare’s writing for imaginative response assessment and much more...
- Understand the themes and how they relate to modern times
- Understand the importance of context and modern adaptations
- After this workshop you will have the methods to decode Shakespeare and you will feel confident about your assessments.
- In a small group setting we will cover all the steps needed to create high-impact purposeful writing.
- Places are strictly limited to enable individualised attention from an experienced registered teacher.
- Students will be comfortable in this air-conditioned learning environment.
- current assessment tasks
- laptop & charger
- note taking materials
- any work you have already done on your task
- your lunch if needed
For Year 11 and 12 students
Vendor since 2017
I am a qualified teacher, tutor and community artist with over 25 years experience running workshops on a variety of topics.
I am Tamara Playne and my reason for being is to bring out the inate creativity, love and joy in each of us. I do this through workshops, community projects and private sessions on various topics and skills including communication, visual arts, storytelling, mindfulness and intentional living. I am a writer, journalist, facilitator, teacher, tutor, painter, sculptor, meditator and single parent.
I run Tamara's Tuition and The Space at Wynnum, a space for hire. www.tamaraplayne.com
Refunds are only given if the workshop is cancelled due to low numbers. If you cancel four weeks prior to an event, you will receive a refund less an administration fee of $30. If you cancel less than four weeks prior, you will be given a raincheck for a future event to the full value paid. The raincheck is valid for 6 months after which it is forfeit and you shall not receive either a raincheck or a refund. The onus is on the raincheck holder to select another workshop in this time period.