Get ready to start creating your own dinnerware, you can put it straight on your table once we have glaze fired your gorgeous creation. These pieces can go into the microwave and dishwasher safe.
You will receive everything you need in a kit with a bisque (fired) Earthenware plate, underglazes, brushes, and pic of your creation for your guidance, in our zoom session you will be guided with step-by-step instructions. Once you have finished painting your plate you will need to return it to the studio for us to glaze and fire your platter so you will be able to use your plate. 10 to 14 days later your piece can be collected from our studio in Sydney or we can send it back to you via courier at your own expense.
If there is a group of 5 or more please let me know and we can arrange a date and time that suits you.
Please allow at least 5 days' notice.
What you will learn
- Students will learn how to draw and set out, and draw in pencil on fired pottery
- Learn how to paint in underglazes
What you will get
- Kit, and shipping to your address All glazing and firing is included.
- You will need to return your pieces back to Tennyson Studio in Sydney for glazing and firing
- You will pick up your finished creations from us at your own expense
What to bring
- Pencils, water containers, and a ceramic plate to be used as a pallet for your paints.
What to wear
casual and comfortable clothes
12 yrs and over.
The art of creating and painting on Ceramics, Canvas or wooden coasters is not only fun but very therapeutic, which has become extremely important in this time of self-isolation. Here at Tennyson Studio we recommend you to join us in our online classes to promote mental wellbeing in our communities. With the need for physical distancing and restrictions, we have created virtual Ceramic and Acrylic Art classes to keep you and your children busy and creative in the comfort of your own home.
With no painting experience needed, we will provide you a step by step guided lesson through an interactive live streaming video class on Zoom. We provide you with all the essentials in a take-home kit to recreate your very own masterpieces. Kit includes paints needed, brushes, Canvas or Bisqued fired plate or wooden coasters and shipping to your home. For Ceramics, you will need to drop off and pick up pieces to us at the studio in Gladesville where we will glaze and fire your plates, (pick up 4-5 days later) or pay additional freight to be shipped to your home. We have many sessions available for you to choose, from plates to acrylic painting on canvas and watercolor on paper and wooden coasters ready primed and ready for painting.
Tennyson studio has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Tennyson studio requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Tennyson studio has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Tennyson studio does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Tennyson studio to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Tennyson studio , students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Tennyson studio or organised by Tennyson studio must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Tennyson studio
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Tennyson studio unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Tennyson studio classes and events or on Tennyson studio premises. (For use of Tennyson studio marketing materials).
Tennyson studio requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Tennyson studio , students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.