As apart of our Workshop series, the basic kokedama workshop is a great class to learn new creative skills associated with succulent and cacti gardening. Using a collection of desert plants all grown locally in south east Queensland we will be making a small scale kokedama to expand our knowledge of possible succulent gardening options.
By going through these key processes you will be equipped with the tools to create your own succulent orbs at home easily and keep them healthy seasonally and long term .
Duration: 1 hours
- We introduce you to over 20 species of succulents from all different plant families and origins.
- We teach you how to create mixtures and mediums for succulents to make ensure they thrive in a Kokedama.
- We teach and demonstrate techniques in creating a small scale kokedama (Weaving, neat twine).
- Kokedama bouquet handbook with everything you need to know from the class
- 1x succulent 70mm plants with over 20 species to choose from
- Growing materials ( mosses, soil mixtures )
- Twine for finishing the kokedama
- Notepad to take notes
- Bottle of water ( QLD is very hot! )
Clothes that can get dirty / wet, Hat ( workshop is under shade but just in case you want to peruse our garden ), & Closed in shoes
Any ages above 12 (Children under 12 are more than welcome IF accompanied by an adult at all times and must email the event organizer to ensure space is allocated)
Vendor since 2017
Terrariums By Bella is a local business based in Brisbane Australia and is run by an enthusiastic collective of individuals who are passionate about all things gardening. We believe strongly that everyones life can be happier by incorporating plants into their homes and offices. Founded by Bella who grew up on a water Lilly farm, Terrariums By Bella is about connecting back to nature and never leaving the outdoors, but rather, brining nature back into our lives.
Bella has taught over 2000 individuals in just over a year and we believe the appeal of our classes lies in our approach. We approach our classes from a scientific and design perspective. We incorporate traditional Japanese Boneki landscaping techniques with specific horticultural teachings to create classes that are multifaceted and that appeal to all individuals in the community. When you complete our classes we guarantee you will learn valuable gardening techniques and leave with a big smile on your face!