Dumplings, Wonder Bao, Rice Paper Rolls. A Workshop that brings people and food together around a shared table.
This hands-on workshop is perfect for anyone who wants to have some foodie fun learning how to make some of the most popular Street Foods of Asia.
Its for people who want to share some time learning, laughing and eating around a shared table.
- Tips and secrets of Asian cooking techniques and ingredients
- How to make wonderful Asian sauces and salad
- How to make dumplings, wonder bao, rice paper rolls and more
- An invitation into my home - a rare opportunity to spend an afternoon or evening in the home of an Asian Chef
- A hands-on workshop learning how to make a selection of Asian Street Foods.
- Hear personal stories about my life growing up in a Chinese family obsessed with food
- A beautiful sit down meal. BYO. Sit back, relax and enjoy good food and friends
- Aprons & recipes provided.
- Participants need to advise of any dietary requirments 1 week prior to event
- an appetite
- BYO (optional)
casual clothes and closed toe shoes.
For everyone and anyone who loves food
Vendor sincce 2015
For me, cooking has always been about the sharing of food. It’s about the anticipation of sitting down together and having quality time to talk and share a meal.
I am the daughter of Chinese cooking legend Elizabeth Chong and granddaughter to pioneering and dim-sim inventor William Wing Young. In so many ways I have always been surrounded by food. I went on to study Horticulture but found myself always wanting to plant veggies in peoples front gardens. Later, I designed Victoria’s first fully accredited Asian Cookery course at William Angliss Institute of TAFE where I taught for nearly 20yrs.
Today, my business The Humble Dumpling, is a return to my roots and family traditions. I grew up surrounded by aunties, uncles, grandparents and many many cousins who gathered every Sunday to make dumplings. I have such fond memories of those days and hope that my workshops and events will go some of the way towards sharing my wonderfully rich food culture.