What happens when you cross a Fluro Duo with a Couple of Colour and Design Enthusiasts? A bloody fun collab is what! Watercolour x Embroidery is a workshop worth getting out of your Melbourne uniform for (no black OOTD’s around here!). You will be doubly inspired during this workshop as Bree and Sarah from Santiago Sunbird take you on a Watercolour adventure using Australian Natives as your inspiration. Next up, is Lucy and Lily from Peaches + Keen, who will showcase to you their enchanting embroidery skills, as you bring to life your art work with colourful cotton thread. The result is a satisfying handcrafted piece of art, rich in colour and texture. Bring on the warm and fuzzies…
The Windsor Workshop is located on level 1 of 115 Chapel Street, Windsor. Windsor train station is a 4 minute walk, or jump off at Duke Street stop on Tram 78. All day parking is available behind Paint Spot, Windsor (opposite the station) for around $7/day.
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
Terms and Conditions/ Cancellations
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given.
- The principles of Watercolour application.
- Embroidery skills and techniques
- The fundamentals of still life drawing.
- Each student will take home their very own Watercolour x Embroidery Art piece/s ready to be framed and hung (hash tag #imadeitmyself, followed by hash tag #iknowIknowyouwishyouhadonetoo)
- You will be treated to an array of fine food / coffee / tea / wine to feed your creative energies
- Included in your Watercolour kit to take home is 2 brushes, paint palette, paper to paint on the day, embroidery floss and needles
- Please bring bucket loads of enthusiasm - you will be unleashing your unfounded creativity.
Please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting all ‘painterly’ and Gorman-like
This class is for all skill levels, and colour enthusiasts.
Vendor since 2015
We are a creative hub for the arts / crafts / design movement providing workshops and events to inspire.
We seek out and promote local Melbourne based Artists.
We unleash the unexplored creativity in people.
We provide a social gathering for people to slow down and team up.
We create a sensory experience that will get people talking.