As part of Craft’s annual celebration of the handmade, Craft Cubed Festival, The Windsor Workshop is proud to announce our contribution to this coming together of Australia’s craft and design sectors. In collaboration with Full Tilt Nanna and St Kilda Mums we will be showcasing CRAFTING COMMUNITIES within our locale, and how these hidden networks and meaningful connections are forged through contemporary crafting.
What started off as a series of 20cmx 20cm crocheted squares, this collaborative affair between Full Tilt Nanna and St Kilda Mums has become what can only be described as a truly heart warming event (both metaphorically and literally). Bringing together local crochet volunteers, Anthea Abell co-ordinates a bunch of enthusiastic crafters each fortnight to join the squares that have been donated from all over Australia and the world.
Thoughtfully curated into beautiful blankets, these woollen warmers are donated to St Kilda Mums. CEO Jessica Macpherson and her team, then hand them onto the women and families around Melbourne that need them most. A job they have been doing now for more than 8 years.
We would like to extend to you an invitation to join both Anthea and Jessica in a one off event at The Windsor Workshop as part of the CRAFT CUBED FESTIVAL on Sunday, August 27th from 2 - 4 pm where you, too, can take part in an afternoon tea to raise money to buy our goal of 20 cots for St Kilda Mums. There is also the opportunity to take part in crocheting a woollen square to be made into a blanket for a special family, whilst enjoying a delicious afternoon spread kindly supplied by the legends:-
- Frosted by Nicci
- Plate got Ate
- Paper Plains
- Blake and Fables
- Von’s Vegan Bakehouse
- Bad Love Club
- Cubby House Canteen
- One by One Cakes
Tickets are $59 and 100% of profits will be donated directly to St Kilda Mums. We are looking forward to welcoming as many of you as possible, having a drink together, treating you to goodie bags and of course a lucky door prize or two!
Sunday 27 August, 2 – 4pm
- How contemporary Crafting Communities are currently in play in your local surrounds - hear Anthea from Full Tilt Nanna and Jessica from St Kilda Mums describe the benefits this can bring to your local community and networks.
- NOTE: you do NOT need to know how to crochet as this is not a workshop
- The opportunity to make a difference to Mums and bubs in need by purchasing a ticket to this collaborative event
- A delightful, feel good afternoon tea with friends, celebrating the coming together of Crafting Communities
- The chance to participate in a very special crochet project
- A Goodie Bag!
- Materials to crochet a granny square or two if you would like to do a bit of crocheting on the day
Nothing but your Sunday finest
Anyone and everyone
Vendor since 2015
We are a creative hub for the arts / crafts / design movement providing workshops and events to inspire.
We seek out and promote local Melbourne based Artists.
We unleash the unexplored creativity in people.
We provide a social gathering for people to slow down and team up.
We create a sensory experience that will get people talking.