Knitting Machine Basics - machine provided
Knitting machine and yarn supplies are included in your booking for this 6-hour Knitting Machine Workshop. Participants will learn how to set up a single bed knitting machine and adjust for basic stitches, plus make a beanie.
Learn all the parts of the knitting machine (where to source parts and supplies), how to cast on, knit, make a welt, complete colour and tension striping, and use the draw cast-off technique. While completing your beanie you will also hand seam, work in ends and make a pom-pom.
Knitting machines provided!
If you are a knitter who has shied away from big projects because of the time required, learning to use a knitting machine is your natural next step! But if you are not a knitter, don't let that stop you. With a little know-how and Lorena's guidance, you can be whipping up projects in no time.
"This hands-on project will get you straight onto a machine experimenting with a few key techniques to get you started on your own beanie creation. By the end of the workshop, you’ll be returning home with your very own Pom Pom beanie crafted by you!"
What you will learn
- Learn how to use a knitting machine and recognise all its parts while making a beanie
- Learn how to make a beanie
- Techniques including; cast on, plain knit, cast off, tension and colour striping, hems and finishes, tuck stitch, holes and ladders,
What you will get
- All supplies to make (& take!) a beanie! Including a knitting machine provided in class.
- Notes and instructions from class
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
What to bring
- All supplies for your beanie are provided
What to wear
No knitting experience necessary - this is perfect for beginners
Learn to sew, craft and create with Thread Den.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew, craft and create. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to.
Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. Click here to sign-up.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund or transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Thread Den's refund policy is moderate.
- Refunds: You may claim a refund, if you cancel up to 1 day before class starts. A AU$35.00 fee applies.
- Transfers: If you cancel up to 4 days before the start date of the original class, you may transfer to a different class date or another class altogether from the same vendor. A AU$10.00 fee applies.
- Credit Notes: You may cancel up to 4 days before class starts and receive a credit note. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Taking part in a workshop at Thread Den is fun and we love teaching people our craft, but here we have to get serious for a moment:
It is your responsibility to clear your diary for the booking you've made - especially if there are multiple sessions in your course. If you want to finish your project(s), you need to attend all workshops. You'll also need to arrive on time. We can't start again because it just isn't fair to your fellow participants.
Allow us this indulgence for a second, our workshops and courses - are usually sold out weeks in advance. It isn't a quick switch to pop you into another workshop. If we have an appropriate session where you can attend to keep going, we will try to offer you a discounted space. If that isn't possible, you will need to book a private lesson to stay on track (the minimum cost is NM -$144 or M -$119.52).
We also won't follow you up to check that you are coming along to class and/or that you have the right supplies for your class. Almost every workshop will require you to bring along your supplies, for some workshops we sell a supplies kit at an additional cost - but not for all. If you are unsure about what you need, just shoot us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org . We also want you to learn and love what you make as much as possible, please carefully consider the fabrics we recommend that you use. If you choose a fabric that is suited to a more advanced level you aren't going to enjoy your experience.
We've tried to answer any questions you could have in the workshop description, but again, don't hesitate to email us for any further details or with any queries. We loooove to see that fabric you are thinking of using and sending you off to some of our favourite fabric and habby suppliers.
Thanks for sticking with us and reading through those annoying details.
The details of our refund policy appear during the booking process.
- If you are required to isolate, with the supply of a medical certificate or COVID-19 testing referral covering the date of your workshop, you will be able to transfer your booking without incurring any penalties.
- Your safety is our priority, we reserve the right to make decisions if necessary to preserve the safety of all.
- In the event of a medical emergency, we may have to seek ambulance services on your behalf and at your expense.
- Classes are subject to sufficient enrolment numbers (usually this is 3 participants).
- We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled course. In the event of a cancellation, students will be offered a full refund, credit or transfer.
This policy can be viewed on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/