Chefs Skills Course Six week course (runs six consecutive Monday nights from 6.30-9.30)
- Suitable for all skill levels from beginners to advanced hands on, interactive cookery course, designed for those with a passion for cooking but are perhaps lacking the necessary skills or confidence to absolutely shine!
- Perfect for entertaining at home, or perhaps you have visions of chasing a spot on MKR or MasterChef!
- Also perfect if you're starting your own food business such as a B&B, cafe, catering company, coffee shop or food stall!
We should not be spending hours slaving away in the kitchen, cooking can be fun, creative, fulfilling and rewarding. We will prepare show stopping meals based on the fundamentals of essential cookery techniques but you will learn how to simplify and adapt these skills to make meals which take minimal time or effort to prepare! The focus is on enjoying the experience, gaining confidence, and learning essential cooking and presentation techniques. Discover the art of:
- Bread-making - focaccia, pizza, rolls, loaves, stuffed breads, rolls, pita and naan bread.
- Sauces and Emulsions
- Deboning and trussing
- Preparing the perfect steak - rare, medium rare, medium perfectly every time
- Overview of meat and fish cuts
- Specialized fruit and vegetable cuts
- Curing and preserving
- Pasta Making: All types
- Presentation skills. Garnishes and decorations
- Knife and carving skills
- Chocolate work
- Eggs - poaching
- Sugar work
- Ice cream
- Pastry work
- And so much more...
- Bread-making - focaccia, pizza, rolls, loaves, stuffed breads, rolls, pita and naan bread
- Sauces and Emulsions
- 3 hour action packed but relaxed cooking session
- Your enthusiasm!
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
Vendor since 2015
VANILLA ZULU Culinary Adventures is an interactive cooking school in Teneriffe, Brisbane. Classes are designed to inspire and motivate even the most shy or reluctant cooks by keeping it simple, fast and fresh. Cooking classes should be interactive and fun, whilst teaching you new skills in the process!
Our classes are specifically aimed to make cooking less intimidating, to increase your skills and confidence and allow you to explore your unique flair. You will be encouraged to participate, to help prepare the food and join the cooking process, resulting in a more enjoyable and beneficial learning outcome than simply observing a pure cooking demonstration.
We take all the mystery and pressure out of the entire cooking process and specialize in quick and easy cooking, teaching you how to create gourmet meals without spending hours in the kitchen!
Come and learn all the tricks and shortcuts which make gourmet cooking fun.
Included in all classes is the lesson, copies of recipes from the class and the enjoyment of the 3 course meal (starter, main and dessert) prepared during the class.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Vanilla Zulu Culinary Adventures or organised by Vanilla Zulu Culinary Adventures must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Vanilla Zulu Culinary Adventures.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Vanilla Zulu Culinary Adventures unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Vanilla Zulu Culinary Adventures classes and events or on Vanilla Zulu Culinary Adventures's premises. (For use of Vanilla Zulu Culinary Adventures marketing materials).
Vanilla Zulu Culinary Adventures requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Vanilla Zulu Culinary Adventures requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Vanilla Zulu Culinary Adventures to organise a refund or transfer